Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the "logic" of making rifle hunting for deer legal in all but Chautauqua County??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cause people in that county don't know how to shoot straight anyways....:D:D
Another thing that is weird is that Green county is all rifle too. I've sat looking over fields that
have houses almost all the way around it. Scary stuff. I don't know how they judge where a rifle is legal, and where they're not.
Triggerhap2

·
Registered
13,290 Posts
Anyone know the "logic" of making rifle hunting for deer legal in all but Chautauqua County??
Could be worse...you could live in Indiana, where real rifles are banned in ALL counties, even those with lots of hills and not many houses. Heck, we've got a couple counties that are more National Forest than private land and you STILL can't use even a 30/30 there. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
40 Posts
Rifles are not legal in all counties in NY as of yet. ( of course, allways have been legal in the northern zone and the Catskill region). Each year over the past decade or so, the state has been doing trial seasons leading to permanent use of rifles for deer hunting, replacing the shotgun zones.
I am not sure how many counties are still shotgun only, but a check of the big game syllabus would tell you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts