Shooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first time joining a shooting forum. I'm hoping to learn a lot more than I know now, which isn't a lot. I've had a couple of weapons for home defense for many years, fired them enough to be comfortable with them but that's about it. Recently, I bought my first semi-auto, a Ruger 9mm and have been enjoying learning how to use it at a local range. I'm also looking for my first rifle and educating myself on many aspects of sport shooting.

Yeah, I know, if you have checked my profile, I'm 70 years old, so why start now? Call it a bucket list item or three. I've never owned, much less used to any degree a range of weapons so I guess it's time now. I joined NRA, got my CCWL and went through a class at our sheriff department to qualify to use their range. After only a couple of trips to the range, I'm looking forward to gaining more experience with additional weapons.

I'm a veteran of many other types of online forums and look forward to learning from you folks.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,135 Posts
Welcome. Better late than never ;)

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,256 Posts
Welcome to the best shooting forum on the WWW. Lots of good folks here with lots of good info and like you they are way over middle aged. Me included.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome, guys!

Oh, and thanks also for the age comments! Some of us may not be as young as we once were, but at least we're still kicking!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,652 Posts
Can give you five years and still hunting/shooting and playing around ................ but not with women these days, because I have been trained and heeled by strip of a lass for the last 51yrs:D

Keep fit as you can and adapt. Arthur Ritus comes to visit occasionally but I just ignore him and keep going. Hope you do to.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome
I have found that going to the local range (fewer and farther apart than they used to be) is the best way to learn about a weapon. Most of us love to show off our stuff to an interested party. I have shot some exotic things just by asking what do you have in the safe that you haven't shot in a while and would you bring it to the range the next time, I will bring the ammo. (harder to do lately, but you get the drift). Again welcome

·
Registered
11,948 Posts
Another welcome to the forum. Glad to have you! Enjoy your new hobby.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts