Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI, second time to try this.

I have been lurking this site now about 3-5 months, and really enjoy reading about everyone's adventures (mostly ballistics and reloading).

I tried to sign up here via the ole pocket computer (smart phone) but that got me banned FOREVER because somehow I messed up my first logon. :mad::eek:

I am new to NE Georgia, moved from around the KCMO area (3 years), before that Saginaw MI. (17 years), before that Ft. Wayne IN (15 years).

Personally I think this is a GREAT site, I really enjoy some of the regular contributors, just a shout out to MusgraveMan (I prolly spelt that wrong) that while I will likely never get to Africa, I really enjoy your knowledge and stories! Also ChezzyWan, Darkker, MikeG, and a bunch more!

These probably belong in new threads (I went back and added these new threads to the Internal Ballistics whatchamacallit), but here are some starter questions I have.

1) How do you mount the pressure sensor (strain gauges) on a Contender barrel? First pass it seems you would need to hog out under the sight base to get centered on the chamber, and away from things that will mess up the readings like the barrel locking lug (changes in barrel cross section). ???

2) Has anyone tried the primer hole uniformer from BOTH sides? The support for the primer tripod is on the outer edges, and it would seem that the cone cut into the primer side would get the flame thru there better. I'm gonna try it on some .30-06 cases.

Enough for now, hope to be able to login again,

2Tall2Play

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,997 Posts
Your two questions have been posted in other board forums in more detail so no need to answer them here.

Welcome to the board. Main rule is to play nice and join in.

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
8,981 Posts
Welcome!:)

Your first attempt isn't "banned", you just never finished the registration; which usually means the email is hiding in your junk/spam folder.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
As long as you don't own a .30-06 or a 6.5 Crymore, you're golden! Feel free to post away!

😄

1 - 4 of 4 Posts