Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anybody had any experience with one of the late model springers that was made by imbel in brazil? i picked one up a week or so ago and really like it! fit & finish is top notch and the thing is more accurate than i am... it's parkerized and has the trijicon night sights on it... nice piece!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Big Dan,

I have a 1911, stainless, Loaded model. I had it accurized and a trigger job by the local gunsmith and this is one sweet shootin handgun. I also just bought a S & W 686 plus, 4" barrel, and that 1911 hands down, flat, out shoots that 686. I suppose I should accurize the 686 just to make it even. I love 'em both but the 1911 is real nice. I shoot 230 lead round nose and also 230 grain Montana Golds with 4.7 gr of Bullseye.

Jim

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the only thing i've done to mine so far is put a wilson combat extended slide release on mine. i've been shooting speer 230gr tmj's with WSF, shoots pretty darn good. the trigger is a bit heavy but it's not horrible, i'm gonna shoot it a while and see how it comes around before i have anything done to it...

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
I've been less than impressed with the two I've had (both Mil Specs), one of their upper models might be a lot better gun though. Good to hear you are happy.

·
The Shadow
7,982 Posts
Same for me as Matt. The Extractor was the wrong one, as purchased. Sent me a new one in the mail. Not NEARLY as reliable with Ball ammo, as my eairlier ones.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i've only run a hundred rounds or so through it but it does seem quite reliable... i'm shooting ammo that i loaded about 10 years ago for a different springer that was an awesome gun that was stolen a few years back. the only feed issues i've had have been due to poor crimping on my part.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have had no problems with my Springers (Mil Spec and Operator) they have both been very reliable, and accurate.

Of course there will always be someone to come along and complain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts