Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,046 Posts
More BS from those that market by 'new and improved'. Without a new product, there can't be a new income stream.
This was hashed out in the past days on this forum.
This link will fill out your question, I think.

Reactions: Pudfark and tdoyka

·
Premium Member
17,046 Posts
I'll take the M-14 in 7x57, please. Some of those long, skinny Barnes solids will do. 1-9 twist, thanks.
Since Russia can obviously make a machine gun work with a rimmed cartridge, we could just adopt the 6mm Lee Navy.

Reactions: tdoyka and Pudfark

·
Premium Member
17,046 Posts
I'm glad THEY are making the decisions based on establishing performance criteria that most all professional soldiers agreed upon .
Like the Sherman tank?

Sorry, a good school buddy's dad was caught in one and survived, but just barely.

Reactions: DarkLord

·
Premium Member
17,046 Posts
All I know about the Sherman was absorbed by osmosis from a school buddy with a dad that didn't look anything at all like mine and my dad that kept up with the Congressional hearings after the war and telling my mom 'that was about John Brown's 'thing'.' He was disgusted by the testimony and it probably rubbed off on me.

BUT, since we're talking guns, why not the Pig (M-60)? Wasn't that Stoner's idea? I had six of them in Korea that could break in the Arms Room, no range time needed.

·
Premium Member
17,046 Posts
I wish I could publish the MH Walker note books. The inventor of the 222 was MAD about the .223/5.56 and had nothing at all good to say about the 'Gov guys that never heard of Newton and seemed intent on doing the impossible by throwing more money at it.'
Mike Walker was NOT impressed by procurement guys at all and wrote cryptic notes that are entertaining to one that loves ballistics. "Where is a 10K altitude range? That'll work!"
They chronographed some loads in Leadville CO. Instant magic!! Instant trajectory repair. Write it down!

Reactions: Pudfark and tdoyka

·
Premium Member
17,046 Posts
"New and Improved" was proven to me to be a marketing gimmick that was laughed at and understood to be a lie designed to take my money.....as a teen-ager, but people are still falling for it.
As I get older, "Show me". becomes more important.

·
Premium Member
17,046 Posts
The squad auto rifle in 1950 was the BAR.
"Spray and pray" has been a thing since they threw pots of boiling oil on the attackers below.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts