Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In 1987 a local store of a large national sporting goods chain was closing their doors and selling out at super discounts. One of these bargains was a skeet gun made by Nikko. I know quite a bit about Nikko, but am unable to find anything written anywhere on my model. It is a very nice coin finished stackbarrel labelled Model 2500. I know I don't own the only one in the universe and would like to know if anyone out there has any info on this gun.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Do a google search for nikko shotguns, you will get 500,000 hits on nikko!:)

Cheaper than dirt comes up with a full history of the guns and many of the hits are from users.:D

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Nope, you don't have the onlyest one - Sorry ! ;) :p

http://www.heritageguns.net/guns.php?id=330

They appear to have been made in the 1980's - IIRC, there was a GUN DIGEST or GUNS ILLUSTRATED article or blurb on them from 15-20 years ago, but I'm too lazy to go through all my back issues/collection to find it. (Sorry again)

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
FWIW, Nikko-Kodensha was the actual maker of the Weatherby Olympian O/U shotgun from 1977 to 1981, when SKB took over the Weatherby contract.

·
Banned
505 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nikko

Nikko guns were superb quality,they made 2500,5000,5000 11 . they were built on moded 101 actions the numbers are not differant quality but just differant mods.they were hand engraved and hand finished to a very highe standerd.unfortunatly they suferd from the fashion police but people in the know are starting to buy good second hand models they sell for £500 to £1000 there was also a shadow indy £1000+ have a look on uk guntrader always a few on site the one in pic looks like 5000 field model

1 - 6 of 6 Posts