Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new Super Blackhawk. 4 5/8" bbl.,round trigger guard,unfluted cylinder in stainless.Now, I don't know how I got so lucky but all six cylinder throats measure the same. .4305. Inside the muzzle the slug was .429 and some zeros. After I stopped feeling guilty that my gun was probably meant for some VIP, and not the general shooting public, I drove a slug through the barrel. Well, they still have Paul Bunyon, or a machine with the same strength, screwing on their barrels. I figure 300 lap loads for .002. can someone suggest a faster way? thanks

·
Beartooth Regular
2,160 Posts
Tom,
      It took just over 100 lapping rounds to get my stainless SBH to shoot well with cast bullets. I can't say what the constriction measured before lapping.
      Lapping doesn't take all that long if you break it up into steps. Take an evening and roll 100 bullets in lapping compound. Take another night to load 'em all up. Then just take your cleaning supplies to the range and clean after each cylinder full. Shouldn't take too long. I went at it more tentatively, loading and shooting 18-24 rounds at a time then test firing. If I were to do it again I'd just get it over with then have fun!        IDShooter

1 - 2 of 2 Posts