Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just started being aware of these K98 lookalikes. They look like a K98 with a CZ/BRNO 452 action. Very handy carbine. I mentioned these to a friend, and he loaned me 2(model TU 33/40) AND an origlnal mauser .22 trainer(very well made rifle).

The Chinese Norinco apears to be well made in both fit and finish. I will shoot all 3 this weekend( he said we might be able to work something out on buying one). One Norinco has a weaver scope mounted(both have rails).

Anyone shot/have one of these? How do they shoot and what do they like?

Thanks,

Ric

·
Registered
271 Posts
My advisor in college had a .22 Mauser trainer that was made in the mid 30's for the Wehrmacht, made to specs that were legal under the Versailles treaty but look from the outside just like a Mauser 98. It was really well made and the fit and finish very nice. He brought it back from Germany after serving as a GI there during WWII. It shot very well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
TU 33/40, Barska 4x32. If you can find one with a rail that mounts to the rear left side of the reciever I'd recommend that. Mine has a regular 11mm dovetail and the scope needs to be mounted really high to clear the bolt handle and the rear sight base. Shoots great though, and very accurate. I only scoped it because the Mauser style sights and I don't agree.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts