Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nosler Ballistic Silvertip 168gr
Would someone here have a load for my 300 Winchester Magnum? I am using Hodgdons 4350 for the powder.
Thanks in Advance
Straight Shooting

Budweiser

·
Registered
238 Posts
Budwiser - You might want to e-mail Nosler directly and they will send you a copy of the loading data they have developed for this bullet. I checked my Nosler manual and they only have loads listed for the 165gr. Ballistic tip. I'm guessing with the word "silvertip" this bullet is new for the Winchester line of ammo. CEJ..

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,225 Posts
The 'Ballistic Silvertip' = a Nosler Ballistic Tip with some sort of black coating, I forget whether it is moly or something else, but it is a Ballistic Tip with all of that bullets attributes, both good and bad.

You would be perfectly safe starting with the standard load data for 165gr. Ballistic Tips, working up with all the usual cautions.

If Nosler doesn't have the data you want, contact Hodgdon, there is a ton of reloading data on their site -
www.hodgdon.com

I don't know what you are planning on shooting with that load, but from a .300 Win Mag, if you plan eating it, shoot for the lungs, not the shoulder.

Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Silvertips

Thanks for your help. I phoned Nosler and was told by their gunsmith. That they are loaded the same as the 165gr Ballistictip.Thanks again.
Straight Shooting
Budweiser

·
Banned
44 Posts
300Winchester Magnum
168gr CT Ballistic Silvertip

H4350 propellant
Starting Load 69.0gr, 2970fps
Max load 73.0gr, 3170fps

as per Nosler #5 manual.

IMR4350, IMR4831 & RL19 all yield higher velocities