Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Nosler Custom w/Accubond

I used the Nosler Custom Ammo with the Accubond bullet for the first time this year in my .280 AI - didn't have time to reload. The 140 gr Accubond dropped three whitetail from 175 to 207 pounds within 40 yards of where they stood from ranges of 85 yards to 220 yards, all penetrating completely through the animal, taking out both lungs.

My Chrony indicated consistent velocities and my Remington 700 appears to like them, shooting 0.68" 5-shot groups at 100 yards. I purchased 500 Accubonds in .30 caliber to load in my .30-06. What can I say - Nosler's have always performed for me.:)

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Hi. Anyone have much experience with Nosler cartridges with the Accubond bullet? I'm considering trying them out with my 6.5x55.
Nosler makes a very good product, but like any other bullet, your gun may/may not shoot them well. Performance on game, assuming you aren't after prairie dogs or Kodiak grizzlies, will likely be on par with anything you can find.

·
Inactive account
1,208 Posts
i use nosler accubonds in my 375 rum it is the best bullet i have used 5000+ rounds i have only shot two 50 count boxes out of my rifle have not seen performance on game but accuracy is very very good nosler makes top of the line products they make my go to bullet for 22 250 also the combined tech bullets are very accurate in my dad and brothers 30 0 6 not an elk bullet though a month back they both had cow elk tags my dad shot the 180 and brother the 168 my dad did a perfect double lung shot but when gutting we found bullet fragments around the ribs on both sides my brother spined it no pass through when we were cutting it up i wanted to find the bullet and examine it for performance the bullet shattered the biggest fragment i found was only 14 gr the bone fragments got the lungs and heart but a couple years back my brother shot a mtn goat with this same load performed perfect could be they are both good shots is why they both did not go anywhere

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thor's Hammer

Nosler makes a excellent Custom Ammunition. I use it religiuosly in my 264 win mag devasting shock and accuracy 300+ yards. Whether bullet placement or luck I personally have never chased a animal. Stopped them in their tracks, impressive ammo. I have used them in my 300weatherby, and in 7 mag. with great accuracy also. I think you will impressed. Happy Hunting

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.