Shooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine neither, but I might be willing to give up a few rifles to get one of them! It looks like a really nice addition to the Nosler family of rifles. Scotty

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Good looking gun, Congrats. All of the Nosler's are really nice guns with great features. I would most certainly love to have one. Have fun with it

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
They look nice, but I wasn't overly impressed with the accuracy I saw in a few write ups. $2000 guns should shoot better than the guns I read about.

Like Col. Townsend Whelen said " Only accurate guns are interesting".

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats odd DMS as the Nosler are GUARANTEED 1 MOA at 100 yards with 3 shots after 40 rounds of barrel break in? Do you have any links to the write ups? I know if my rifle didn't shoot to standards, Nosler is a great company and I know they would make it right. Scotty

·
Registered
13,290 Posts
Bandit, I gotta disagree with you on the Whelen quote: A gun that purdy...is INTERESTING! I'm a sucker for blondes, cheesecake and fine walnut rifle stocks. They all speak to me. :)

These days there are hardly any products made that show craftsmanship and artistry, but that gun right there, does. Besides, far too much is made of MOA groups from a big game rifle. If I was well-heeled, you can bet I'd drop a couple grand on a rifle like that.

·
Registered
11,966 Posts
Thats odd DMS as the Nosler are GUARANTEED 1 MOA at 100 yards with 3 shots after 40 rounds of barrel break in? Do you have any links to the write ups? I know if my rifle didn't shoot to standards, Nosler is a great company and I know they would make it right. Scotty
Seems that's what I read in American Rifleman. A while back they done test on three or four of Noslers rifles. Part of the accuracy guarantee was shooting Nosler ammo.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That might be the case, but in reality, I imagine it would be hard to guarantee MOA will all loads. They know that Nosler Custom ammo works, so they guarantee that. Plus, it is really about the same price as Federal Premium or Weatherby ammo. Scotty

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I have 2 marlin "X" guns that shoot MOA with more than one load and only cost $350. So a gun costing 1000s of dollars with a claim to shoot MOA doesn't impress me.

If I was going to spend $2000+ on a gun, I'd get a Dakota or Jarrett rifle. I doubt Kenny would allow a gun to leave his shop if it only shot MOA.

·
Registered
233 Posts
the mauser 03(new) made in austria is probably the best ive laid hands on at starters of $3750aud,to 8500.me.i couldnt give it back quick enough,in case i damaged it.the machinning of this gun is superb.--bloody well want to be at the price.--they have 3 grades of stocks.--oh to be filthy rich.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have 2 marlin "X" guns that shoot MOA with more than one load and only cost $350. So a gun costing 1000s of dollars with a claim to shoot MOA doesn't impress me.

If I was going to spend $2000+ on a gun, I'd get a Dakota or Jarrett rifle. I doubt Kenny would allow a gun to leave his shop if it only shot MOA.
Those Marlins are shooters for sure. Hard to argue too much about them. They seem like they are excellent shooting rifles. I think the Nosler is along the lines of a one time buy for most of us, in order to have one, really nice rifle. I know there are a bunch of others just as nice too. I don't have the money for one, so it gives me something to look forward to having, someday! Scotty

·
Registered
1,411 Posts

Here something you should read about Dakota rifles

The 76 Classic is Dakota's flagship model. We introduced it in 1985. It is a flat bottom model 70 with a 3 position safety, Mauser style claw extractor, unique Dakota bolt release and made on CNC machines from aircraft quality bar stock steel. The flat bottom allows it to have permanent feed rail machine into the receiver. The recoil lug is machined into the receiver.

The model 97 Hunter was introduced in 1997 to reduce the base price on a Dakota. We started with a round receiver which reduced our machining costs. It still has the 3 position safety, Mauser style claw extractor, unique Dakota bolt release. It feeds from the Remington magazine box. The top of the magazine box is curved to feed the cartridge up into the chamber. The recoil lug is a separate ring between the recover and the barrel.

Both receivers are made from the same high grade steel. Both have the same accuracy guarantee - 1" factory ammo - 100 yds, 3 shots.

Now here something on Jarrett rifles.

Why Buy a Jarrett Rifle
One of the most frequently asked questions is certainly relative: "Why buy a Jarrett?" First, we do several very important things no one else does. We make all of the major parts of our rifles in our plant. No one that I know of in North America does this. This means we have total control of our barrel quality, our Tri-Lock receivers, and our stocks. We can use other stocks or actions of your choosing if they meet our quality standards. To honor our self-imposed accuracy guarantee we must use premium components. We break in each rifle for the first 20 rounds and develop custom ammunition for that rifle. This special ammunition is individually made for your rifle after a lot of trial and error we call "load development." Records of your custom ammunition are kept at the factory, and a record is sent to you. This final load information can be duplicated by you at home or we will be glad to load it for you. Then we do the ballistics work-up on the rifle, and do the final finishing.
The Jarrett Guarantee
We make all of the rifle's component parts in our plant, we shoot every rifle, develop custom loads, and we guarantee that you like it, or you get YOUR MONEY BACK! Once you've received your Jarrett rifle, you have 30 days to inspect and use the rifle to see if it performs as expected. The Jarrett Guarantee: If you are not pleased, return the rifle for a full refund.​

Here is how good a $6k plus rifle will shoot from Jarrett

The two years of development and the significant investment in CNC machinery has allowed Jarrett to now control the barrel and action to comfortably offer a guarantee that every Jarrett Rifle will shoot a 1/2 moa or we won’t ship it to you.

Now here's Nolser on a $2100. rifle

http://www.nosler.com/Rifles/Legacy.aspx

I have a pretty good gunsmith that puts my rifles together.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts