Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Only in the last few months have I re-started reloading after a hiatus of a dozen or so years. I remember the Ballistic Tip bullets were packaged 100 to a box, now they are 50 like the Partitions. I could use a good sale, Thanks.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I was buying Nosler BT in 120gr 7mm at 100 per box. I do not remember there ever being a reduced price when they went from 100 to 50 count.
I know it made me search for different brands of bullets. So will say Thank you Nosler for letting me know I am a cheap buzzard. I am buying bullets I like better by the 100 count agai.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Nosler always small boxed you, to seem competitive. I notice now the 9.3 solids are in a 25 bullet box.

Nosler products are no better than others (Hornady); so nosler is my last choice in bulletss for reloading.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Nosler has always been a "premium" bullet to me. Premium always comes at a greater cost. A cost that is worth it if you need a premium bullet.
I hunt deer, elk and sometimes black bear and have no need for premium bullets. Speer "hot core" have always been accurate and performed well on the game.
I have tried them and they shoot well but what they do to a deer when shot through the shoulder is a shame. I stll have a partial box of lathe turned partitions that I keep as a reminder that I have little need for premium bullets.

·
Super Moderator
13,164 Posts
They can be a little different, having a slight taper that some guns like and some don't. I always look at them as another thing to try if my regular choices (Sierra and Hornady, mostly, with an occasional Berger or Barnes or JLK) isn't tickling the gun's fancy.

Now that Hornady has gone HAP happy, the Nosler #44964 is, I think, the only truncated cone FMJ being made.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nosler has always been a "premium" bullet to me. Premium always comes at a greater cost. A cost that is worth it if you need a premium bullet.
I hunt deer, elk and sometimes black bear and have no need for premium bullets. Speer "hot core" have always been accurate and performed well on the game.
I have tried them and they shoot well but what they do to a deer when shot through the shoulder is a shame. I stll have a partial box of lathe turned partitions that I keep as a reminder that I have little need for premium bullets.
They can be a little different, having a slight taper that some guns like and some don't. I always look at them as another thing to try if my regular choices (Sierra and Hornady, mostly, with an occasional Berger or Barnes or JLK) isn't tickling the gun's fancy.

Now that Hornady has gone HAP happy, the Nosler #44964 is, I think, the only truncated cone FMJ being made.
My 6mm Remington "loved" the old 95 gr. Partition...as did I, it also shot out of my .244 Remington pretty well.

I gave a bunch of those away about 7 years ago, when I was moving a bunch and not sure I was getting into reloading again. Oh well...I gave away about 6,000 bullets. I wish I had them back many times, although, many of the newer bullets are better...so it has forced me to experiment with the new styles.

My 6mm now loves the 80 gr. Berger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts