Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I've commented on a couple of posts I thought I'd better say hi. I've been shooting & reloading since 1972 both rifle & handgun, cast a few bullets, burned up some blackpowder in cap & ball reolvers, and now mostly shoot .38's, .357's, .44 S&W, and 9 mm all of which I load. I consider myself a student of the sport meaning I don't know everything and it's unlikely I ever will, but I never get tired of finding out new things. I like to help other shooters if I can and appreciate it when they can help me. Professionally I am a chemist and that gives me a slightly different perspective on things.

· Banned
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome, guys. Dok, for your info I am a physical chemist who got converted to be a plant chemist: I do organic synthesis sometimes, analytical sometimes, inorganic sometimes, and just plain pull-a-rabbit-out-of-the-hat sometimes. Personally I don't have access to the right equipment anymore to compare W296 and H110 but a true comparison would have to include a lot more than chemistry. I suspect they are similar in composition and burning characteristics but not identical. Old Jim, don't feel bad about the math. Probably some teacher failed in the responsibility to you, not the other way around. I was lucky to get the right kind of encouragement at the right time. One of my teachers once put a huge expression on the board and then set it equal to zero. The kid next to me groaned, "Gosh - all that work for nothing!"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.