Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I have a standard mini 14 that will shoot a 2" group at 100 yds. when the barrel is cold. After the barrel heats up, the point of impact shifts, moving me completely off the scoring rings. I carefully torqued the gas check bolts but no improvement.

On page 37 of the Brownells Catalogue, there are the OKM barrels, which are much heavier and most likely better dimentioned and accurate.

Does anyone have experience with these? Here in Calif., ARs are not available anymore. I already have this mini and would like to participate in the DCM matches. This conversion would cost about the same as a new mini.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seen these barrels kind of pricy. Accuracy Rifle Systems in Odessa Texas 432-362-6840 specialize in the mini's for high profile forces like FBI, NY SWAT, US SEALS, TEXAS RANGERS etc. Tim Lewis former proprietor (just passed away in Dec/03) awsome guy to talk to had accurized over 10000 rifles. As you can imagine this has put their production on hold. One of their associates informed me they were hoping to get things back on track around Mar/04. Good Luck
Blake

1 - 2 of 2 Posts