1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
240 Posts
Whether or not anyone does this, finds it actually useful or has the patience...I love this stuff from the perspective of innovation. What a great way to drop the occassional housefly or wasp in the kitchen or just make a freeking mess of the kitchen when you want to piss off the spouse.

Several years ago my daughters bought me a paperback entitled 'Backyard Ballistics', and this is the sort of thing that needs to be added. Maybe a little goofing around with hard resin bullet lubes can produce something that will work well in an autoloader, too. Although it sounds like it could be real hard on drywall for those of us with finished basements. :)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
;)I used canning parafin with a "touch of bullseye in my 357 many years ago and dryway wouldn't stop it if I messed up! It was a great detterent for stry citters in the back wood pile too.

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Wax bullets are alot of fun. Gotta treat them like "live" ammunition though!
Splat on a hard surface will teach you to respect them. They will penetrate more than you might suspect with little (or no powder).

Good read unclenick! That guy went further than I ever have.

Once you have done the flashhole, the cases are done for regular reloading. Real important to remember that!

Cheezywan

·
Registered
298 Posts
Many years ago I cast .50 cal bullets for my Crosman Spotmarker (a paintball pistol) using wax that is used for hair removal. At a range of 8-10 feet, the bullets would break, (and with a fresh CO2 cylinder would sometimes penetrate), one side of a hollow-core door. At best, a Spotmarker is only capable of 250-300 fps so a primer-powered wax bullet could do some damage if a person isn't careful.

·
Super Moderator
14,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Once you have done the flashhole, the cases are done for regular reloading. Real important to remember that!
You know what's funny is that people have not had a problem reloading the NT pistol cases to normal pistol pressures. The bigger flashhole doesn't seem to affect those. I don't know what the limit is, though? You'd figure there will be trouble if you get to pressures high enough to stretch cases because you'd figure the primers would start to blow out before the case head stretched back. I just don't know where the hole size or pressure limits are?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.