Shooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Only like 20 years behind the times! :D

Good to see they are getting on the ball, I saw Wyoming is introducing legislation to do away with the permit requirement. They would still issue permits for those wishing to purchase firearms without the phone call though.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only like 20 years behind the times! :D

Good to see they are getting on the ball, I saw Wyoming is introducing legislation to do away with the permit requirement. They would still issue permits for those wishing to purchase firearms without the phone call though.
I'm sure Oklahoma was first at something...don't know what is was though. Who knows....mebby nest year, indoor plumbing.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,663 Posts
Good for you, maybe Texas will be next. With open carry, that is!

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Texas doesn't have open carry?! That is preposterous!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Missouri open carry

Missouri House Bill 2150 has been introduced. It allows open carry state-wide. Missouri has no statute that prohibits openly carrying a firearm, but many local counties and cities have ordinances against open carry, resulting in a patchwork of jurisdictions that criminalize open carry. HB2150 would eliminate this problem by preempting local ordinances regarding open carry, thereby preserving the lawfulness throughout the state.

http://www.house.mo.gov/content.aspx?info=/bills101/bills/HB2150.htm

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good for you, maybe Texas will be next. With open carry, that is!
Yall might have to wait a while longer on the indoor plumbing I guess.

Idiot relative of mine was up last week, lives in Corpus. Said everybody North of Austin is a Yankee. We were drinkin o' course but now that I think about it.....at least you're safe.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Open carry

In Vermont you can carry concealed legally,don't have to have any permits either. The only place that they don't like them is in banks and post offices. You need a hunting license to hunt with it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Open carry

In Vermont you can carry concealed legally,don't have to have any permits either. The only place that they don't like them is in banks and post offices. You need a hunting license to hunt with it. And our crime rate is pretty low.

·
Registered
129 Posts
In Vermont you can carry concealed legally,don't have to have any permits either. The only place that they don't like them is in banks and post offices. You need a hunting license to hunt with it. And our crime rate is pretty low.
Kennesaw, GA, has a local ordinance that REQUIRES each head of household to OWN a gun. The crime rate there is, as you might imagine, very low.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
" Kennesaw, GA, has a local ordinance that REQUIRES each head of household to OWN a gun. The crime rate there is, as you might imagine, very low. "

now, THAT's my kinda legislation !!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I hope it passes for us. I went to sign the petition and did not realize that is the same petition that has been around for years I found my signature at # 1648 and that was at least 3 years ago.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm not sure. I first heard about it years ago and found a link to the petition then. Yeah I saw the piece on News9. It has been getting a lot of media time here lately, which h is a good thing. We can keep our fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The language appears to be "open carry with concealed permit". I think I'm ok with that but it might be a nightmare to enforce. I have no desire to open carry but I would like it better knowing I could. Also would reduce the concern of flashing. Fingers also crossed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts