Shooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,864 Posts
Afraid this is it, Don. Will just have to learn to live with it. You will get used to it in time. I've found as a Moderator that there are lots of new features that are very helpful.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Actually I think it is easier to use that the old forum. Just takes getting used to. Ireally like the dark mode. Much easier on the eyes. I found the filters feature yesterday and set them more to my preferen

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,123 Posts
Yup. A one-way trip as far as I can tell, and no one really had any idea what was coming. It does seem to load faster and those using phones say it is much easier to use. I did put in a request to make every other post a slightly different background color, but no idea if that will be implemented. Anyway, it is what it is.....

·
Registered
566 Posts
Way, way too much white, blank space on this new layout. I'm not a fan either but it seems a number of sites have gone to this format. As to 'features', I've got a simple question. How do you simply reply in a thread, not reply with a quote? If I hit reply, it includes a quote of the post above.

Further, if I hit Quote, it doesn't quote the previous text but rather it adds or removes the item from multi-quote (whatever that is)?????????????????????

I guess I'm simple minded but hitting 'reply' should allow me to simply write a reply, not quote someone and hitting 'quote' should all me to quote and reply to someone, not toggle 'multi-quote'.

Reactions: sandog

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I haven't figured out quoting either, but if you click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the home page and select "Dark Mode" it is much easier on the eyes. I think that it switches back to light mode if you log out though. This site stays logged in much better than the old did
Way, way too much white, blank space on this new layout. I'm not a fan either but it seems a number of sites have gone to this format. As to 'features', I've got a simple question. How do you simply reply in a thread, not reply with a quote? If I hit reply, it includes a quote of the post above.

Further, if I hit Quote, it doesn't quote the previous text but rather it adds or removes the item from multi-quote (whatever that is)?????????????????????

I guess I'm simple minded but hitting 'reply' should allow me to simply write a reply, not quote someone and hitting 'quote' should all me to quote and reply to someone, not toggle 'multi-quote'.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,123 Posts
If you don't want to quote anything, just scroll down the page a bit. There is a reply area (admittedly not as obvious since the background doesn't change).

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,864 Posts
As Mike says, scroll to the bottom of the page and where it says "write your reply" type in your answer. Then, click the "post reply".

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
10,562 Posts
Click "reply" below the post you want to quote. Then inside that " box" you can "edit" to the part you actually want to quote, instead if the whole text unless that's what you're after.

RJ

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
The "Dark Mode" is using a much more readable font/face/stroke than the other mode.
In the other mode the Font/face stroke appears as a fine line light gray font/face/stroke in the text of the posts, which is difficult for my old eyes to view/read.

Chev. William

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
How long before we get to go back to the old forum? Don't care for this new one at all!
GAAaaaaaaaahh!
What is this?
Been off for a while attending to stuff and come back to CHANGE!

This is actually the same format many of my other forums use:geek:

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
GAAaaaaaaaahh!
What is this?
Been off for a while attending to stuff and come back to CHANGE!

This is actually the same format many of my other forums use:geek:
Ahhh ! ! ! the good old days --- what ever happened to Windows 3.1

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I learned on DOS. Seems there was also a windows 3.0 too. Seems like a long long time ago. Which it was in tecnology terms

·
Registered
570 Posts
A good half dozen of the forums I frequent have gone over to this same bland, generic looking format.
Progress is not always a good thing.
Shooters Forum, Ruger Forum.Net, Marlin Owners Forum, Smith-Wesson Forum, and M-P Pistol Forum all have the same-same cookie cutter look.
Is this part of the George Soros New World Order ? I miss the "old" forums.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts