Shooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found an ad in the local penny savers. Copy and paste and here it is!

WINCHESTER, MODEL 70, manufactured 1955, 375 H&H, one owner, fired 3 times, MINT CONDITION! $5600 CASH ONLY. 406-494-0009 evenings

Thought someone here might be interested in this. Too rich for my blood.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
He'll never get over $2,000 for the pre '64 Model 70. The price of $5,600 is too high unless it's a super grade 70.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Only 3 shots. I hope that doesnt mean much to the buyer. "Driven by a little ole lady going to church on sundays" sounds remarkably similar :D

·
Super Moderator
13,431 Posts
cvc944,

NIB can double price over used-once-no-box for collectors. Collectors often pay good money just for an original box. One with a gun with matching serial number is a big deal to them. I'm not surprised you had that offer. When it comes to guns, the older they are the less chance there is of them being found unfired, so the difference between used and new modern guns is a lot less than between new and used old guns.

I doubt the rifle in the ad would be worth the asking price, but, that doesn't mean he won't get it. I've seen 2 cavity Lee bullet molds go for $50 on e-bay that you can buy new for $20.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have been collecting model 70's for more years than I care to admit. 1955 models dont bring as high a premium as models built before 1953. If original and in mint condition $3000 is the going rate for a later 375 H&H.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts