Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old set of RCBS Dies in .244 Remington. My Dad bought them when he built a .244 for my Mom in the late 50's. They use the old "letter" code and have a K, which depending on where I look makes them either manufactured in 1959/1960. He bought me a Ruger M77 in 6mm Remington in 1970 or so.

I have a couple of sets of 6mm Remington that I have used since the 70's when I started loading for it and my Mom had plenty of loaded ammo from before my Dad died in 1973. I came across the dies when my Mom died several years ago.

I cleaned them up when I moved to my last place and just dug them out again a month or so ago. I had a couple of hundred rounds of 6mm brass and loaded up 40 using the .244 dies. They came out beautifully and chamber nicely in both my 6mm and .244.

Since I have a couple of other sets of 6mm dies, I wonder if there is any collector interest in old unique sets of RCBS dies?

I thought about listing them on eBay...any extra value?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
15,067 Posts
Not that I know of. About the only old reloading gear that has antique value are old roll crimpers and shot and powder measures with rosewood handles.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I agree with the above,... and, I will add old bullet casting molds to the list... read awhile back that some old molds are quite collectible.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
I collect some molds and dies.
Current asking price for old dies on e Bay astonishes me.
Lyman 310 and Tru-Line Jr dies are listed at eye popping prices and sometimes es the sell.
Some scalper are splitting dies set and advertising individual dies (310 and Tru-Line) at $25.00 and higher.
What shame.
Some form-trim dies will go surprisingly high because purchasing them new is even higher.
Every collector has a budget and I guess my pockets are pretty shallow.

P.S. something which has surprised me is the competitive nature of Herters collectors. This get exciting in some of the more unusual items.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts