Shooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a 4 x 32, Bushnell Banner, made in Japan scope. Whats is worth, it is just setting in my gun cabinet. It is in like new condition. I dont have a box for it, but I have covers for it..Help me out? Tell me what to ask for it. I have no clue

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,956 Posts
One Dollar.

·
Super Moderator
3,835 Posts
It depends

The older Bushnell Banner 4X scopes sell for about $20.00 or less in the gun shops around here. All the best...
Gil

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
When I have a question about something like this, I look at completed sales on eBay, GunBroker, or Auction Arms.

I ran a quick search on eBay with the search string "Bushnell Banner Japan" and the results can be seen here: http://completed.shop.ebay.com/i.ht...SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_rdc=1

There are no straight 4Xs listed but there where two 6X. One sold for $70 and the other $77. I would bet that your 4X would sell in the $50 range as the Japanese Banners have a cult following that is sometimes, hard to explain.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
37,291 Posts
I had one on a .22 and got tired of chasing the zero. I'll go more along with Kdub's estimate!

But you never know what something will bring on the auction sites. Makes no sense, sometimes......

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,956 Posts
Guess I shouldn't have been so cute with my initial reaction.

Ranch Dog has had good results with the Bushnell's and must say, had the older Phantom's and a variable Scope Chief with the on-off command post that were truly fine scopes.

Am coming to the conclusion the fixed power scopes are superior to variables for most hunting needs. Just my opinion, of course.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
37,291 Posts
The one I had may have been a .22 only scope. Long gone, but might have been a 3/4 tube. Anyway - who knows.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
they run depending on condition anywhere from mid 30's to mid 80's. they were mfr by B&L for bushnell and even though they were bushnells bottom of the line at that time (scope chief was top of the line) they were not bad scopes. the straight 4x scope will have pretty decent optics, i would not be afraid of slapping one of those on top of a lever action or the likes.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Thanks for this thread, all. I got one of the Bushnell Banner 4X scopes with a gun I later de-scoped, and was wondering if the scope was worth giving to a friend for a Marlin 336. I will pass it on, hopefully we remain friends, lol.
Andy

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
the adjustments (tracking ) can take a bit to settle in with those models so people find themselves chasing groups all day long. some tap on the turrents to help this, but my advice in addition to the tapping is to shoot two 3 shot groups before adjusting again. yours may not have any issue at all but tell the guy to be patient. once adjusted, unless the erecter assembly is bad it should hold it's POI

1 - 11 of 11 Posts