Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find some load information for use in my Marlin 357. I am using a Saeco 351 200gr cast bullet but I have to use it in 38 special brass and crimp over the front driving band to get the correct O.A.L. Does anyone have any load data for this using Alliant 2400 and AA1680? I am also looking for data using the Oregon Trail 180gr TC in 357 brass using AA1680. Thanks for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
jfd,
I've done a bit of shooting with heavy bullets in the .357, but not the ones you mention or with those specific powders. You might want to call a manufacturer to give you some sort of starting point. I've had very good luck getting info from Hodgdon in the recent past.

You may want to have a look at some of the commonly available 180gr data and compare the amount of bullet in the case with those loads, as compared to what bullet you are using and come up with a starting point based on that. The Speer Manuals have 200gr jacketed loadings that are used with shortened .357 cases and have the crimp over the bullet nose, you might be able to find some very useful info there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts