Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to all those who answered shoalbass
 If you would send me your snail mail address at thebullet [email protected] I will send you an article I wrote many years ago on how to quench-anneal cast bullets This article will show you how to use the right alloy to get a bhn of 22-24 on the back end of a bullet and a bhn of 8.9 on the front end.This method does NOT use a propane torch or any thing so crude. I have used this method for 16 years and have had absolute success with it In fact Veral Smith liked it very much.This article has photos in it and I cannot send it e-mail because it overloads my computer.
 tbc

·
Registered
63 Posts
You want people to send you there "snail mail address" for some rediculous thing that you say you wrote several years ago. Sir, you have "jerk" written all over you, what kind of morons do you think inhabit the United States?
Your posting sounded as faulty as your race! I did a little quick computer check on your "backwards address " and found out that you are in "KOREA" !!
I surely  hope no one is contemplating sending this guy anything but a "handgranade", cut into 45 caliber sections of course!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To changeling
Korea?? BOY,are you serious? Think what you may ,I still make my offer to whoever is interesred
 And why are you so mad at Koreans?
 tbc

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
TheBulletcaster;
 You can do us all a favor and post it in the "Tips and Comments" section, then it will be available for all who want to read it.  Or, send a copy to Marshal and he can post it for you if you do not wish to type in the entire article yourself, or don't have access to a scanner.  Just a thought.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bigbore
 As I said I cannot send this article by email because it has some photos in it and it overloads my computer,but I'll tell you and  any one else who is interested , if you want to see something I have sent by e-mailjust go to www.sixgunner.com scroll down to guest speakers and log on to"A METHOD OF DETERMINING THE PERCENTAGE OF ANTIMONY IN LINOTYPE-LEAD ALLOYS AND THEIR BHN'S" by Thomas B Cost.If you still think I am from Korea and am a jerk ,so be it. I have been casting lead bullets since 1947,I have published several items in the CAST BULLET ASSOCIATION'S magizine.I am not a GURU but I think I have some darned good advice.If you people on Beartrap Bullets dont want to hear it , fine
but do not treat me like some kind of a dog.
tbc

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,235 Posts
I'd definitely like to see it, if we can figure out how to get it on the web site.

Any chance of just getting the text posted?  That should save some space on the computer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Afterthought, one reason I would NOT send my  "snail mail' address to anyone is the times we are living in RIGHT NOW!  I live very close to Washington, DC. With letters going around with Anthrax (spelling) contamination in this area, everyone is getting dam suspicious, and scared! Including me!
I understanding facing someone and defending myself by fists or firearm, but, when some dam lowlife comes through the backdoor of life and tries to eliminate life indescriminately through the use of chemical warefare I become parinoid, scared, and dam cautious!!
As far as whats wrong with Korea, I can understand your concern since "you" have a definate connection. You exposed yourself as far as I am concerned for the second time by your comment!
Instead of admiting to the posibility of your making a mistake, (if you are who you say) you continue to make lame excuses and try to get people to send you there
addreses. I stand behind everything I have already said.  Anyone sending you there address is a fool in my opinion!!

·
Beartooth Regular
1,184 Posts
changeling,

From what I see here this gent, (bullet caster) is offering to give info to those that are interested with regard to his annealing method.

You are correct in being cautious as to not giving out your address to anyone. That is your option as well as others.

What is not acceptable is an unsubstantiated flame of this poster with somewhat of a paranoid rant with no basis in fact. You have obviously got hit with a virus in multiple e-mails. We've all experienced this at one time or another. Follow Mike's advice on the other thread.

Please get a grip on yourself and try to be more considerate of other posters to this forum and refrain from the personal attacks.

Anything further, take it to e-mail.

Now let's get back to some quality postings on the topic we all know and love here.

Regards, Ray

·
Registered
8 Posts
I realize that I have not been on this board very long but have noticed that  changeling has made quite a few responses to posters that seem to be out of line.
I have decided that I will not respond to any of his posts and would appreciate it if this person would do the same for me,as he seems to think he is so much better and smarter than anyone,perhaps he should go to another board to post his opinions or better yet write a book on why I am so much better and intellegent than the people at the Beartooth Bullets Shooters Forum!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
 wasn't really expecting such a tirade on koreans, anthrax in the mail, jerks, etc. in this forum even though it is for general discussions. i have this man's article on antimony content  at sixgunner.com and sometimes refer to it for my own info on alloy hardness and he seems to be quite knowledgible on this subject and what he says sounds credible to me. i hope the bullet caster will not be discouraged by 1 mans opinion and continue to post on the shooters forum.                                                                                            thanks,  hubbard

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Bulletcaster sent me the e-mail of his artical complete with pictures.  Excellent.  Bulletcaster, please send a copy to Marshal so he can post it in the Tips and Comments sections.  The artical complete with pictures is 1.05 meg, and may be too much for some e-mail accounts, but it came through on mine perfectly.  Yes, it is a .doc and it was scanned for viruses before opening and all was in order.  I am afraid that as far as I am concerned, Bulletcaster is on the up and up.  The artical is well worth reading.  I understand not wanting to send one's snail-mail address, I wouldn't do that either, but the attack on Bulletcaster as far as I can see is completely uncalled for.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TO ALL WHO SUPPORTED ME
  THANK YOU THANK YOU!!OnDec 7 1941 the top song
on the Hit Parade was "I DONT WANT TO SET THE WORLD ON FIRE"
 I can assure you I didn't want to set it on fire either! But ,looking back on it ,I could not have been more naive,ignorant,stupid or country bumpkinished if I had tried.HereI came in on forum,Joe shmoe from Kokomo, and asked you people to send your addresses to me and I would send you an article....!whooeee! you talk about a snake oil salesman's approach!
Well I sent it to the  Webmaster ,at the advice of Mike G,and the Webmaster  said he would let me know.
   Yesterday was Armistice Day(that is what we called way back when) and as my Aunt Maria used to say" It is just another bridge under the water" instead of "It is water under the bridge"Let us get on with it and add it to our other things that are just bridges undr the water
Thanks again. tbc

·
Beartooth Regular
7,776 Posts
Hi, tbc:
  I received your instructions and they look like they should work. Since I don't have MicroSoft Word I couldn't view the pictures, but I'll get a friend to convert them.

It might take Alex a while to get things set up. He's likely in school, hunting or packing bullets for his Dad. (He's 14 going on 15, IIRC.)

Thanks again
Jack

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,

I just stumbled on this forum and thought I'd take a moment to let you know that my dad "thebulletcaster" passed away in Sept 2002 after a decade of struggling with heart disease.

Shooting and casting bullets was his life. He was an amazing man who was part chemist, part inventor and part mad-scientist when it came to all things shooting.

I was just at my parent place a couple weeks ago where I had the most depressing task of cleaning up his work area so my mom could get the house ready to sell. There were dozens of devices he'd made for reloading for which only he knew their purpose and functionality. It was a sad several days but I took comfort in knowing that what I was hold was crafted and then modified again and again and again dozens of times by his hands.

Anyhow, just thought I'd let you all know whatever happened to my pops, TheBulletCaster.

Take Care and happy shooting,
-NBCost.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Jack Monteith said:
I'm sorry to hear that your father has passed away. His data was quite informative.

Take care
Jack
I am also sorry to hear of his passing and I didn't even know him. Jack, did his article ever make it into the Tips and Comments section of the forum? It sounds like interesting reading.
Cary

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
10,729 Posts
Sorry about your Dad NB :( . I'm still gettin over that fact about mine too. I checked out the link. Sounds like he was quite a guy.

·
Super Moderator
3,375 Posts
NBCost,

Sorry to hear of the loss of your dad. He surely gave freely of the information he had gleaned through a lifetime of experience. Such generosity of both time and experience are a gift that keeps on giving through those who have learned from him.

Thanks for the update you shared with us, and may God bless you during your assistance with your mom, and dealing with your father's effects.

God bless,

·
Beartooth Regular
1,184 Posts
NB,

A person is never truly gone from this earth as long as he is remembered by his fellow man. By way of his excellent treatise on nose annealing in particular, and his experimentation with cast bullets in general, I'm sure he touched and informed many. One thing is certain, your dad has assured his memory to the fraternal family of shooters on this site. It would have been a priviledge to meet him in person. Fortunately we have the internet now which can be the next best thing.

My and our sincerest condolences to you and your family in this trying time.

Please don't be a stranger as you are welcome here to the Beartooth Shooters Forum family.

Regards

1 - 20 of 22 Posts