Shooters Forum banner

On the edge....

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  El Lobo 
#1 ·
Gents,

A prayer request.....please pray for a young man named Jeff Boardman here in Albuquerque.  He was one of my students who graduated a year ago.  I've invited him to come to services.....he's agreed and expresses a genuine interest, but he's surely afraid to come on Sunday morning.  As my wife and I prepare to move back to West Virginia early this summer, my window of opportunity is slowly closing. Please pray for Jeff to come to God.

Lobo in NM

#2 ·
El Lobo -  Prayer request noted.   My wife and I lived in Albuquerque for several years in mid to late '70s. Our "spiritual boot camp" was there, a dynamic church of mostly young people called 'The Answer' up on 7701 Zuni NE I believe. The last I heard Terry and Angel Matthews were pastoring it. Are you familiar with it at all?   Blessings,   Sunday Creek

#3 ·
Creek,

My wife and I came to the Albuquerque area a couple of years ago to help my brother start a new congregation on the north west side of town.  The CrossPointe Christian Church is renting the Movies West theater at Paseo Del Norte and Coors for services.  I live on the far north west edge of town right on the desert, and am really not familiar  with the east side.  My brother has about 165 on a Sunday morning and has people who have been trained into the jobs my wife and I were doing, so it's time to go home.  It's been a good time and we'll miss the good people we've met here.

Don "Lobo" Lohr

#5 ·
El Lobo,

I don't know if this little story would help the young gentleman or not:

A Church goer wrote a letter to the editor of a newspaper and complained that it made no sense to go to church every Sunday. "I've gone for 30 years now," he wrote, "and in that time I have heard something like 3,000 sermons. But for the life of me, I can't remember a single one of them. So, I think I'm wasting my time and the pastors are wasting theirs by giving sermons at all."

This started a real controversy in the "Letters to the Editor" column, much to the delight of the editor. It went on for weeks until someone wrote this clincher:

I've been married for 30 years now. In that time my wife has cooked some 32,000 meals. But for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire menu for a single one of those meals. But I do know this: They all nourished me and gave me the strength I needed to do my work.

If my wife had not given me these meals, I would be physically dead today. Likewise, if I had not gone to church for nourishment, I  would be spiritually dead today!"

Dan

<!--EDIT|DOK|May 12 2002,19:42-->

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.