Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kdub - On the map I have it shows Route 88 heading NE from Apache Jct. towards Roosevelt, via Canyon Lake and Apache Lake. The tourist map is kind of vague and I wonder whether the driveable part turns to foot path (Apache Trail), or remains passable with a car all the way to Roosevelt? I'm guessing that this would put me in the area I asked about for getting a glimpse of some sheep (or a mountain lion!) Thanks alot.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,014 Posts
Apache Trail is part paved, part gravel road that runs all the way to the dam. It was the original road blazed from Mesa for equipment and supplies to be hauled over to build the dam. You most certainly can drive all the way - just be careful of the other SnowBirds and rubber neckers!! Sometimes, they aren't too careful with their driving while looking and end up at the bottoms of the canyons or in the lakes.

Lots of traffic up that way this time of year. Best time is after all the snowbirds flock home and before to onset of summer. The later part of April, first part of May usually isn't too bad.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks again kdub, you've been a big help. Mark me down as a rubbernecker! I know I'm going to enjoy the view.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts