Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometime back, James and Marshall were discussing peep sights for handguns.  I came across this article yesterday from sixgunner and thought you folks might enjoy reading it:

http://hunting.about.com/recreation/hunting/library/weekly/aa010418.htm

·
Beartooth Regular
1,177 Posts
Looks like you found something good here, Alan!

<a href="http://oneraggedhole.com/Page_1x.htm

Regards," target="_blank">http://oneraggedhole.com/Page_1x.htm

Regards,</a>

:cool:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need to stop reading and researching....it's costing me too much money  :^)

·
Registered
785 Posts
I have an Omega peep on a 10" .44 SBH, and a home made peep on my Redhawk. Been hunting with them for years. On the SBH I cut off the ramp front site, filed a dovetail, and installed a rifle bead. On the RH I use the red ramp.

Griz

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just received my "One Ragged Hole" sight blades, assembeled with no problems, going to the range this weekend to try them out, front sight looks a little fuzzy but at least I can see it now with my 60 year old eyes. Keep you all posted.
Phil Uruburu

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let's us know your findings Phil -

I used the One Ragged Hole sight this past Sunday - shot a couple hundred rounds.  Bottom line, I did not shoot any better or worse using the aperature sight than I do with the stock Redhawk sights.  It is a well made (and simple) product and very easy to install.  Don't let my findings dissuade you from trying this aperature sight if you have been considering it.  Buck Hibbard of Oneraggedhole guarantees satisfaction - you can't beat that.

When I ordered the O.R.H. sight, I also ordered Ruger's gold-dot post, V rear sight combo.  I installed Ruger's after-market sight last night and I believe I have found the perfect combo.  I REALLY like a small front sight ..not the standard 2X4 ramp found on most revolvers!  

·
Registered
39 Posts
Alan,
I don't understand what you are referring to when you mentioned "Ruger's gold-dot post, rear sight combo"?  What is that?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did make that sound rather confusing!

The front sight is a gold bead/ dot (very small) and the rear sight is a V blade (as opposed to the standard "U" notched rear blade) with a vertical white stripe down the center.  To my eyes, this sight combo provides a vastly superior sight picture to the stock Redhawk sights.

·
Registered
39 Posts
So, OK, I've got the picture.  Sounds kinda like the Ashley Express sight.  You made it sound like you ordered it from Ruger?  Or some place else?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Husker -

The sights in question can be ordered directly from Ruger for &#3616.20 delivered to your door - item # GBVR.  

My favorite front sight is a narrow, flat black patridge type but NO ONE sells a drop-in patridge front sight  at an affordable price for the Redhawk.  

1 - 10 of 10 Posts