1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
Does have merit and I like the format over others I have encountered. Like each page fitting on my screen and not having to scroll around to read entire page. One bad feature I've noticed is you have to install additional software if you want to download the magazine. Another words they get paid by the software company for each time someone downloads there software whether the software is good, bad, compatable etc. with your system. Not much of an explanation what the software specifically does that existing software doesn't.

·
Banned
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems to be a google version of a pdf reader only it does not read pdfs just these new fangle'd deals. Have to get a 5 grader to explain it ya.

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
When I tried to download there magazine, a box opened informing me I needed to download some type of Google add on software. When I clicked on the "more information" all I got was a bunch of mumble jumbo about the add on with no clear reason for the necessity. Reminded me of political promises made by politicians--hot air with no substance.

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
Who knows with all the operating systems in use today. I have a major operating system with several major software programs by reputable companies that will handle nearly anything out there today. When I'm told by some outfit offering something free that I can only get this free item by downloading another program then my suspicisions take huge leaps and bounds. Knock on wood but I've never gotten viruses or had other troubles by being overly cautious.

Revisited the site and the download is called "Google Gears" so the magazine can be viewed off line. I have Google in my toolbar so this raises my suspesions higher why this other program is needed. My understanding is that when you download something everything needed is in that downloaded file. So in short there explanation is just so much "hot air".

·
Banned
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All that aside the mag has been a good read!

·
Registered
543 Posts
[quote Revisited the site and the download is called "Google Gears" so the magazine can be viewed off line. quote]

Maybe the reading it offline is the problem. I have only ever tried to read it online. I have just pulled it up, read a little, then closed it when done. I haven't tried to actually save it read later.

·
Banned
425 Posts
I loaded the deal they wanted you to cause we have poor internet connections (mostly dial up) out here, and for the price of satellite internet I could have a new rig at years end? So I read a lot off line seems to work great! Good magazine if your into ARs.

·
Banned
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FDG get back to me!

·
Banned
502 Posts
Thanks for posting that.

Jerry

·
Banned
425 Posts
Any one seen a new issue?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Interesting,Thanks

As someone that owns several AR's and actively hunts with them,I found this site very interesting.

'Bout time that someone came out with info/ideas for the AR hunter. I have both .223 AR's that are used for yotes,bobcats,etc and a AR that is used for big game. Some pages in this mag give an interesting perspective on both. This will also enlighten hunters as to the versitility of these excellent weapon systems given the proper care and add-ons.

Will forward this to friends and am looking forward to the next edition. -----pruhdlr

·
Registered
543 Posts
I've got four ARs and the have started getting parts for number five. I originally hadn't planned on using them for hunting, but I got a 450 Bushmaster a couple months ago that has been shooting pretty consistent sub 1' groups for me. I think I may have to try it on Elk later this year. I typically hunt in fairly thick green and aspen, so my longest shot has been about 90 yards with my 30-06.

·
Banned
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I found it rather ho-hum. But I did not have to download anything to view it. I am using a Mac.
I got rather excited about the article about ARs in Africa but it turned out to be quite a let down. A single shot .308? Come on. If you are going to title an article about African hunting go after something a little more 'African.' I understand they were limited by not being able to use a real AR type rifle but .308? What's 'African' about it? Sure it can work, but if you have to use a single shot there is no reason it could not be chambered in a real African caliber. The .458 Win mag will work in a single shot for sure. My .470 Rhino (.470 Nitro equivalent) certainly would qualify as a real African caliber, too bad it is an autoloader and would not be allowed. But he did not have to stick with the .308. Take that single shot DPMS, throw in the RSAUM bolt, throw on a new barrel in .458 Win mag and take on real African game.

·
Banned
425 Posts
That was a let down, BB! A 458 would be awesome! huh?

·
Banned
210 Posts
Free is for me!
Finally got to check it out and download them. Good stuff seems alot of advertising and alot of the same in the magazines at the stand! It was free and that made it great and enjoyable for the price.:p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts