Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have heard that they are getting bad in Alabama as well. I've heard reports of large populations in Lamar, Marion, and Fayette counties. I live in Marion, but hunt in Fayette, if i see one it will be shot.

·
Registered
13,291 Posts
Indiana, which has a huge hog ranching economy, has no regulations governing hog hunting, although (so far) they're only found in a handful of counties. Even there, they are in limited numbers because the locals kill them at every opportunity. I hope they keep the numbers very low and they don't spread, even though I enjoy hunting them. I don't want to see hog farmers wiped out by swine brucellosis or even bean/grain farmers hurt by the incredible destruction these things are capable of doing to a cultivated field.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I live about 14 miles from Dale Hollow Lake and they're in a lot of areas around the lake. Also I saw one about 7 miles from where I live. It looked like it had some Russian in it. It was a boar, that had shaggy hair and big shoulders. Everybody says that when they move in you have to get medievel on'em.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I guess I need to find some of these farmers,as I would love to find a place to shoot some of those tasty little critters................

·
Registered
27 Posts
They are bad in Florida also.

Sounds like we have the same regs that Shane256 posted above.

The good thing is most farmers will give you cart blanch to hunt on their land if they trust you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts