Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any input on the new Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter model?

How about one ragged hole sights?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
I made some inquiries about the one ragged hole sight not long ago. Do a search on this and the gunsmith board and see what you come up with. I will prbably give them a try before optics are my only choice left but right now I am doing better with the standard sights and I will probably widen the rear slot for more definition soon. I had to learn to shoot first and I think it took me more rounds than most.

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
I owned one of the original runs of the Super Blackhawk Hunters in .44 Mag!  After a trigger job, and completed lapping work, it ranks as my best shooting handgun of all time in terms of accuracy.  I'm not a terrific revolver shot, being a 4"-5" 100yd. shooter most days, but this SBH Hunter model would shoot into under two inches on demand every time if I did my part! (scoped of course)

Sold it while building a new home out in the sticks, wanting to avoid debt loads many toys went down the road... one of the new production guns is definitely on my shopping list!  Yes, it might be a tad heavy, but my last one was SO accurate!

God Bless,

Marshall

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,404 Posts
I think that the Hunter model would just be the cat's meow with a 5.5" or 6" barrel.  Wisht it was offered that way from the factory.  If I ever get my hands on one I'm going to cut the barrel and have my dad mill a new slot for the front sight.

I have several 7.5" Rugers and they are great for long-range shooting, but a little cumbersome to pack around.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a scoped Super Redhawk with a 7 1/2" barrel and a Redhawk with a 5 1/2" barrel.  I purchased the Redhawk last fall because I wanted to carry a non-scoped pistol.  I really need to shoot the Redhawk some more, but I think I would be happier with the longer barrel on the Super Blackhawk.  

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the One Ragged Hole sight on my 44 mag RH, and I would never go back to the other sights. One Ragged Hole Sights are really great, especially for older eyes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts