Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Scotland~

I was talking to a few Ameican friends via e-mail and quickly it became apparent from general conversation , that they own " VAST " numbers of firearms when compare to us Brits..

Our oppresive laws' such as the complete hand-gun ban in 1997 were introduced under the rouse of "public safety"

The resulting increase in hand gun crime PROVES that such harsh measure do not effect criminal use of firearms... BUT do result in less private ownership, which has never been a problem, yet continuing laws seem aimed at reducing not only the number of private gun owners but equally the number of firearms those individals own ! Why ? Is a man with 4 guns twice as dangerous as a man with 2 guns if he goes "Bananas" ? Only got two hands !

Government impossed restrictions on British hunters mean most are restricted in what they can own and must give "Good reason" for "each" firearm......... As a result the averge British hunters gun safe is likely to hold the following ... IF they are lucky !

ONE .22 Rimfire

ONE .22 centre fire...22 Hornet/.222/.223/etc Bolt action ONLY

ONE Deer rifle... .243/.25-06/.270/7x57/.308 Bolt action ONLY

Plus a couple of 12 Bore shot guns may be a 20 Bore and a single .410

IF and " ONLY " if you are a full member of a rifle club will you be allowed to own a .303 Enfield/.357/.44 lever rifle/.45-70 black powder/black powder pistol/and non-hunting firearms

Personally i have at present Krico semi-auto .22 / .308 Miroku M-bolt /Marlin .444ss
A old English side by side 12 Bore and a Beretta semi-auto 12 Bore

Sounds like some of you guys own more guns than our gunshops !! Go on make me jealous !!

Englander;)

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,228 Posts
Stephen,

The politicians know in advance that their 'safety laws' will do NOTHING to promote public safety, instead making it worse for the common man. This breeds a wave of crime which makes people more dependent on the government, which allows them to levy more taxes and create more public institutions, therefore creating more jobs for themselves.

Sadly, we appear to be headed down the same slippery slope.

·
Banned
378 Posts
ENGLANDER, here goes.
Pistols: Kimber Stainless Target 45 Auto, Sig P229 9mm, Ruger Mark II .22, Ruger Mark II P-4 .22. Thompson Contender .223, Thompson Contender 30.30, Pachmayr Dominator 35 Remington.
Revolvers: Ruger Super Redhawk 454 Casull, Ruger Redhawk Power Custom 44Mag, Reger Super Blackhawk S/S 44Mag, S/W Model 642 in .38, Cobray .45 Long Colt/410., Rohm .22 short.
Rifles: Ar15 Bushmaster, Alexander Arms .50 Beowulf, Sako 375H&H, Sig 30-06, Marlin 444P, Marlin 44Mag, Savage .22 Mag, Ruger #1 .220 Swift, NEF 45-70, Thompson Encore 45-70, High Point 9mm, Hesse Arms .50BMG, Ruger 10/22
Shotguns: Baretta Xtrema 12 guage, Remington 1100 Slug gun 12 guage, NEF 20 guage slug gun, Mossberg 500 20 guage, Stoeger 20 guage.
Muzzleloaders: Knight .50 Disk inline, Thompson Encore .50

Not counting my crossbows and Matthews bows. I shoot all of them as well as collect them. I am glad I am in the good old USA. :D

·
Banned
32 Posts
MikeG, I think you are absolutely right about the politicians and the way they think. I hadn't thought about in those terms but it makes perfect sense. But how do you explain the hollywood liberal types like Rosie that doesn't want anybody but her bodyguards to have guns.?

Hey Redhawk, The ExtremeDooty Gun Club Charity is now taking donations. (we already have a Hi-Point 9MM)

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,228 Posts
There is no explanation for her.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts