Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my friends,
The search is over. I just gave up, I can't take it anymore. All the stores around here are a total ripoff and the people can be rude. As I had noted, Gander MT. owed me one for ruining a Baretta barrel. I gave up on getting justice. Everytime I showed up the guy who makes price adjustments had just left. So I'm there on Saturday and a guy I never met before said try Midwestern. I looked on the web and this morning I ordered a Tikka lite with the black stock and stainless barrel. I wanted a Hunter with walnut-blued, but leftys can't always be choosers. That was $610. As bad as I wanted a walnut stock and blued barrel-an (old-school) gun, I'm just glad this is over and hope to return to getting a deer every year. I have not felt complete since becoming injured and losing my hunting land and cabin. I am looking forward to the .06 and may look for a trip for something big. Has anyone booked a hunt on a ranch before? Next winter I would love to see Texas. I have also thought about out West for a muley or an elk. I got my smile back today. Thanks everyone,
Sincerely,
Michael Sicowitz

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
You will be very happy and satisfied with your T3, your shoulder might think otherwise LOL.
I have had quite a few problems with Gander Mountain as far as gnsmithing and used guns-they aren't very good at making things right when they are at fault. Calling corporate headquarters and regestering a complaint has achieved results.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had the same rifle for a couple years and was quite fond of it, man could it shoot! Sold it due to finances last year though.

I had mine Cerakoted and painted the stock. The stock is the only weak link to that rifle as far as i'm concerned but not horrible. The fore end started to warp slightly on mine and was slightly touching the barrel although it had'nt affected accuracy. Also one of the sling studs came back stripped from the gunsmith who coated it and painted the stock.

But overall no real problems, I would definately buy one again due to the extreme accuracy I was able to achieve.

I am a lefty too and feel your pain about not being choosey..one thing you will want asap:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productnumber=960397

Fit perfectly and worked wonders. I dont consider the 30-06 to be a thumper (on my shoulder) by any means but I can tell you this, that rifle is very lite and you will notice the recoil compared to other 06's...at least I did.

Good choice buying the Tikka, I am sure you will love it.

Cheers,

Josh

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here is a picture with the Limbsaver pad, cerakote and paint job just for grins. I bet you could have your rifle Cerakoted (or any other coating you like) black and slip it into a nice wood stock if you wanted, or even a synthetic that looked like wood and you would be good to go....just a thought.

Josh

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice stock

Hi,
That really looks nice. I had not considered getting a walnut stock if I really wanted-or any stock for that matter. Your's was a real looker, too bad you had a problem come up. It sure seems to happen a lot these days. Thanks for the great advice. I'm almost sure to use it in the future. Best wishes, thank you very much,
Sincerely,
Michael Sicowitz

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks Mike,

First place i'd try if I really wanted a walnut stock would be Tikka. Give em a call, im sure you could buy a factory stock to drop the action right in with little or no fuss. Good luck!

Josh

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
A factory stock will set you back about $450.00, there are a few aftermarket options but just about the same $$$.

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Nice choice with the T3. I've had mine for about 4 years. It's an outstanding gun. I also bought it from Midwestern Shooters Supply. As far as a wood stock goes I've been looking for about 4 years. I've never seen one come up. I wanted a wood stock mainly for the looks of them. I like the stainless with wood look. Does anyone do stock dipping to get the wood look? $450 is crazy for a bare stock. You can buy a blued/synthetic Tikka for about that price!
A factory stock will set you back about $450.00, there are a few aftermarket options but just about the same $$$.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hi guys,
It is good to know I have done something right. And Teacherboy, good to have you around, I never knew of Midwestern. I saw the sign a few times coming back from Waupan blasting geese. I always stopped at the new Cabelas super store. I should have been buying from Midwestern all along. They are polite and seem to have the time to hear you out and make sure of the details. I too would never pay that for a stock-what are have they been smoking- and your right, for $450 you can get a new Tikka blued/syn. I'm thinking they must have a good gunsmith. I'm ready to hand Gander MT. their walking papers. If anyone has booked a hunt I'd like to hear about it. I intend to do more than take it out once a year. Great link !
Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts