Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marshall,

I appreciate the new topics on hunting, but I guess I take some issue with the areas that have been chosen.  I grew up in Eastern Oregon and now live in Wyoming.  I know the difference between hunting the East side of the Cascades and the West side, including the Coast Range.  It is the same difference between the Rocky Mtns and the East Coast; underbrush and water.  I would like to see the areas split along the top of the Cascades, leaving the West side to fend for itself and join the East side with the Rocky Mtns.  That makes a much more logical division of territory.  

Thanks for the consideration.

dclark

· Banned
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Marshall,

That in great country out there.  I hunted around the Ochoco's and the desert to the South, over to to the Steen's Mtn.  I still have friends out of Jordan Valley where we go annually for rock chucks.  There are big deer there, although the numbers are down.  Lots of chucks!

I grew up in John Day, then Prineville, then came back to Redmond for several years.  Good country, but too many folks moving in.  Lost a lot of good hunting country in a few years and it is getting worse.  My brother still practices law there and keeps me current.  I'll stay where I am.

dclark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.