Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after I don't know how long but it's over a year the paper work came back on 2 suppressors over at the LGS, they called and I went over to do the backround check. That makes no sense btw because if you already passed the federal backround check that's like a proctology exam why do you have to do another one?
Anyways the state is running way behind on those so it'll be close to a week before that goes through.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,796 Posts
Gumment efficiency, Kevinbear - about normal for what one would expect. Agree, each agency doing a check is sorta like the right hand not knowing what the left is doing. Seeing more and more of those at the local range anymore. Sure wish those with anti-tank muzzle breaks would find out about them.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I think if the paperwork is older than a certain time frame (90 days maybe???), they are required to run another. I really need to do get a couple of suppressors...it would make my life so much easier. lol

Good luck and I hope it doesn't take too long.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think if the paperwork is older than a certain time frame (90 days maybe???), they are required to run another. I really need to do get a couple of suppressors...it would make my life so much easier. lol

Good luck and I hope it doesn't take too long.
You need more than two! This will make five for me and I still have a couple more waiting for paperwork.
Minimum you need a lightweight 22 one for pistols and a standard weight for 22 rifle, an AR model and a magnum centerfire for hunting. I like them all except the ones for centerfire pistol, I may sell the one I have, rarely used.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
So after I don't know how long but it's over a year the paper work came back on 2 suppressors over at the LGS, they called and I went over to do the backround check. That makes no sense btw because if you already passed the federal backround check that's like a proctology exam why do you have to do another one?
Anyways the state is running way behind on those so it'll be close to a week before that goes through.
Congratulations, I remember when you posted that you were getting them .
I would do so much more shooting if I could use a suppressor.
We can get them but only under very limited sircumstances one of the main ones being horse breading .
Fine for fox control in horses but not for sheep ?
There has been headway towards noise hazard for shooters being a reason so there is hope .
Lots of fun for you coming up .

Cheers

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
If they are not approved by 60 or 90 days it should be automatically approved. Some a55 is just being one by letting the paper lay on his desk for 6-8 months for the fun of it.

Didnt some legislator introduce legislation to do just that recently?? seems like I read about that.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Just got the call and picked up two of them today, there's a snowstorm coming in tomorrow so probably won't be able to shoot them until late next week.:(
Found out the paperwork was screwed up on the one for my wife's 7-08 so it'll probably be 6 months before I get it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts