Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a Pentax 4-12 X 40, pentaplex reticle, scope because the price was definately right. Haven't got it mounted on anything but have plans to use it on the new 7mm 08 barrel on my Encore. Anyone have any opinions about Pentax Optics?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Being a former (i.e. film) photo junkie I like to think that the better camera makers would be able to make decent/good/great? scope optics. Nikon, Pentax et al. I have determined to get a Pentax Game Seeker Red Dot for my shotgun - it has gotten good reviews and costs only $69.00. We shall see. Based on the reviews I read I think you will be happy with your scope. As you say - the price is right.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I own a couple Pentax scopes. Mine are in the Lightseeker series. I would rate them very highly- equal to an equivalent price Leupold, Burris, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,775 Posts
Same here, I've had good luck with the Pentax scopes. I think they are the best Japan has to offer.
Also have one of their spotting scopes that is well made.

·
Registered
7,848 Posts
I own only one Pentax, a 2-5 Whitetails Unlimited model. Very clear with a well done Duplex type reticle. So far it has taken the recoil of a 673/.350RM without a hiccup. I would buy another, but most of their models now are higher power(s) than what I normally use. Most Pentax scopes are close clones(?) of similar Burris models to my eye. Perhaps they are manufactured together. I feel both Burris and upper level Pentax scopes to be quality optics.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,917 Posts
Don't know about their scopes, but my pair of 10x42 bino's have held up beautifully for years now. Nice pair of glass.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pentax

Thanks for all of the feedback, that gives me a warmer fuzzier feeling about my purchase.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I have a pentax 4 x 16 which also got for a good price. It has the ballistic recticle on it. Only thing I can say negative about it is at distances less than 100 yds I have a severe paralax problem. I found this out when I could wait to shoot my 223 that I mounted it on, and shot it at an indoor 50 yd range. Either I could get the target in focus, or the cross hairs in focus by using the ocular adjustment. It does not have a paralax adjustment on it.

Once I was able to shoot at 100 yds, no big deal.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Ive got two of them. They seem like very good scopes and very reasonably priced. Ive got one on my DPMS Lo Pro and one on my Interarms 375 H and H. I havent shot them that much yet because it got to be to cold to do much shooting after I got them mounted. I got them sighted in and that was about it. Im waiting to see how the one holds up to the recoil of the 375. It is ported so the recoil isnt as bad. I do think theyll hold up. From what I hear theyre made for Burris using Burris glass.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts