Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Great minds think alike

Sir,

I have thought the very thing since I have been a 375 shooter, but haven't been able to find the data. My 375 is a 99 Savage, so I don't get penalized for pointed bullets.

Is it in the Accuratte Manual? The Barnes Manual only gives data for the 375cal Orginals. I have a bunch of IMR 4198, that is the powder I use on my straight walled Cartridges, but don't mind ponying up for some Accuratte powder if it allows the Xers to be used.

I'm also thinking that it may be hard to get good neck tension on this bullet, because of the no crimping groove.

Any thoughts?

Steve

·
Registered
875 Posts
I wrote Barnes, and the very nice gentlemen advised around a max load of 38 grains of 4198, but I expect I'll start off around 35, and head up a grain at time. I loaded 35.1 for my first batch behind a 220 grain horn flat point, it shot fairly straight, but the recoil was rather stout, surprisingly so.

They said that they have not tested the 210gr in 375win, and were not to be held accountable for the recommendation. He advised care, but also seemed excited by the prospect.

I'll look into a factory crimp die, the idea has a great deal of promise, for these odd loads espiecally. I'm guessing they are caliber specific, are they not?

Take care fellows, good shooting.

Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts