Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been wanting and looking for a new Winchester1892 rifle for some time that would fit into my budget. I would have liked one of the Italian replicas or one of the new Winchester Miroku rifles, but prices have kept me at bay. Finally, I found a Winchester Miroku short rifle in .45 Colt. It is a great little rifle to add to my modest lever action rifle collection. I haven’t had the opportunity to get to the range to shoot it yet as it has been wet and cold but hopefully before too long. It looks as though it has been shot very little. No wear anywhere.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,268 Posts

It's purdy - Congrats ! :)

·
Registered
573 Posts
...Finally, I found a Winchester Miroku short rifle in .45 Colt. ...
Is the picture of your rifle or a stock photo? The reason I ask is that the picture looks to be of a Model 92 rifle with a 24" barrel, not the shorter, 20" barrel on the Short Rifle.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Looks exactly like my short 1892, maybe the picture. Anyway I Love mine in 44 Mag. flat out puts the hurt on my steel at 25 yards. Straight shooter right out of the box. Congratulations on yours.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the picture of your rifle or a stock photo? The reason I ask is that the picture looks to be of a Model 92 rifle with a 24" barrel, not the shorter, 20" barrel on the Short Rifle.
COSteve, It is a photo I took of the rifle I purchased and it is a 20" barrel.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Probably looks like that because the forearms are shorter than the originals and also the Rossi short rifles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts