·
The Shadow
7,659 Posts
I smell a troll

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Feel safe???

NO, they make me want to get more Kale in my diet. You ASSume to know what MOST Americans aspire to. I guess most (MEN?) where you come from ASSpire to be helpless victims?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Makes me want to go shoot some kale for dinner.

Go back and troll the officer.com forum

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Most Americans do own firearms. They try to make it appear that it is a minority, but I believe it is somewhere close to at least 50 percent of the country has some sort of firearm in their home. The people who do the firearm surveys are the ones who ran the polls before this election. Obviously they only ask like minded people their questions.

Does carrying a pistol make you safer? Well it definitely doesn't make you any less safe either. Why do we give police officers guns? Why do we use firearms in security details for our political figures? Common sense and science proved a simple fact. There are 3 things every living creature must do. You see this in EVERY species, humans are not excluded from this.

1. You must have nutrients, some sort of food, water, or nourishment. To survive.
2. You must reproduce, keep the species going. To survive.
3. You must protect yourself and your own/offspring. To survive.

These are the very most basic laws of everything that ever lived. The 3 biggest rules of life or there would be no life.

·
Registered
7,865 Posts
This is the first post by a brand-new "joiner" of the Forum? See post#2

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Let me amuse him with the truth:

No weapon makes anyone feel safer. The threat of a sudden attack will still be there including all the distress associated with it. It makes me more ready to defend myself in such an attack. The attacker(s) who seem to be getting more, and more bold by the day, must just consider the following: if he threatens my life or that of anyone around he WILL get a bullet into the brain or heart. NO wounding, no suffering in a hospital under guard of the police. It will be just him and his Maker. It has nothing to do with feeling good, or bad, or safe. It is just the way it is because of increasing lawlessness.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Definitely a wrong question for a first post. However he might just be a young guy that does not know the etiquette of such things. Look at his profile.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I do not carry a gun because it is comfortable. I carry a gun because it is comforting. I have never need it and I hope I never do. But I intend to have it if the situation arises where I do need it.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Has handgun possession made Americans feel safer (assuming that most Americans either possess handguns or aspire to)?
I Chicago folks aren't allowed to have handguns and they crime rate is terrible. Nobody is safe. Here in Vt where I live the 2nd amendment is honored and there is a high rate of gun ownership and the lowest crime rate in the country.

·
Registered
7,865 Posts
Definitely a wrong question for a first post. However he might just be a young guy that does not know the etiquette of such things. Look at his profile.
I commend you (and certainly mean no fault) for your optimism, Ikesdad, but I see his interest is hunting and hunting rifles, implying some knowledge about firearms and the "world" of weaponry. I'm sticking with Post #2

·
Registered
372 Posts
Correct - rifles. Could he possibly be contemplating the purchase of a handgun. Notice that he is of the right age to legally do it.
What say you, Mr Brown ? Troll or ignorant of these things ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.