Shooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
10,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With the change in digital technology as well in photography the way we take pictures has also changed, so if you are going to share, please follow these tips.

1. You have a smart phone? Well good for you, but please be smarter than it when taking pictures. If you turn the phone on it's side it takes a wider picture that makes it easier to see if you are going to share it with rest of the world.

2. You thought there was going to be more? BWAH HAW HAW HAW HAW Your phone didn't :D

RJ

HEY SIRI!!!! Be a dear and turn on Mr. Coffee please?

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,127 Posts
And kindly look at the picture size before linking it to the site (if using a third party photo host). A picture that ends up being 20 or 30 inches wide from your super-smart "mePhone" makes the rest of the posts difficult to read. Not all photo hosting will automatically resize.

Try to keep them no more than 900 or 1000 pixels wide. If you don't have software to do that, Irfanview works great and is fairly easy to use.....

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
10,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, thank you MikeG. My simple flip phone takes tiny pictures that are the perfect sharing size even if sent to a "smart phone" :D

RJ

·
Registered
743 Posts
Darn. I was hoping this post would be about how to get my pictures from my computer to this site. To many comments about "pictures, or it didn't happen!"(I am, obviously, NOT the most computer educated of dinosaurs.):eek:

·
Premium Member
14,344 Posts
Gorrilla-

This is the way I do it and it works.

Resize the picture to about 1000 pixels in the biggest direction and save it to a folder called Shootersforum or something similar.

"Go Advanced"

Scroll down to "Attach Files" and push "Manage attachments".

A small window comes up with a "Browse" button. Push that and find your file folder with the picture in it. Find the picture and click on it and then "Open".
You'll get back to the upload window and click "Upload".

You'll see the picture listed in the Manage Attachment space.

Cross your fingers and click 'Submit Reply'.

It's a bunch of button pushing but it works.

For resizing photos, I use a free program called "Irfanview". Quick, easy and free.

Reactions: 60DRB

·
Registered
743 Posts
Gorrilla-

This is the way I do it and it works.

Resize the picture to about 1000 pixels in the biggest direction and save it to a folder called Shootersforum or something similar.

"Go Advanced"

Scroll down to "Attach Files" and push "Manage attachments".

A small window comes up with a "Browse" button. Push that and find your file folder with the picture in it. Find the picture and click on it and then "Open".
You'll get back to the upload window and click "Upload".

You'll see the picture listed in the Manage Attachment space.

Cross your fingers and click 'Submit Reply'.

It's a bunch of button pushing but it works.

For resizing photos, I use a free program called "Irfanview". Quick, easy and free.
I printed of your instructions. Thanks. I'll work on applying them and we'll see if I can get it to function.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I was once really dumb about using a computer posting pictures I wanted to share. I had all I could do to get the computer on the internet let alone share pictures. A kindly old fellow in AZ. took pity on me and got me going in the right direction on the easy way to post pictures.

Resizing pictures is a challenge for many of us and was for me for sure. He suggested I go to a photo storage sharing site and provided a link, was sonyimagestation.com No longer there but they setup a process so our pictures went to shutterfly.
Shutter fly how ever isn't a site who's 3d party sharing works on all forums. A new one had to be found many went to Photo bucket and that worked great till recently.

Now many I know are checking out other sites and have found several that will size the picture for you and allow easy sharing on this site and others too.

Picturetrail.org works and is easy to upload pictures to. Draw back is limited storage of pictures.

postimage.org is also a good site and seems space in not limited.
My favorite raised bed watering system.

imgurpictures is also a pretty good site I am finding which is new and I am still playing with.

All these site size the picture for you and allow you to post them on many forums. If you do not have 25 post or been a member for 10 days you have to use a 3d party picture hosting site like above to post pictures here.
When Photobucket went ten toes up on me I got that Imasomething or other. Works pretty good and it's up load picture's at the size you want. Mine are always 600 pic's on the long side!

·
Banned
4,925 Posts
My kid thinks I can take picture's with it, but I haven't a clue how!
Touch any screen icon that looks like a 35mm single-lens reflex camera. That will open the camera capability. Your phone may have cameras that face away as well as toward you. Just touch the "arrows" at the top-right of the screen if you see yourself when the camera turns on.

·
Super Moderator
8,652 Posts
I went to a new phone purely because I had seen some cracking photos taken by friends on a hunt. I told the girl at the store all I needed was a phone and one which took photos, so I got the very base model.
It does take good photos and using Windows Live Photo Gallery and Drop box I can do much of what I want.
Reduce size etc etc. Windoes Live Photo Gallery allows me also to adjust things and cheat, like dimming over exposed shots and cutting out bits I didn't need. The joy is, when I go out for an evening hunting I do not have to haul along another camera.
Also anytime I don't have a camera, then I always have my slim line mobile tucked in my top pocket for those unexpected chances to record something important like this harvest of apples. The nut stick was bound with thick string twelve months ago in an experiment to see if it would produce the corkscrew type sticks normally found with honeysuckle bound round them. It is working but will take a few seasons to get a result.

Attachments

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,873 Posts
You have met the time on board requirement, now you just need to make another 14 meaningful posts to qualify to post pictures.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.