Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering using either Quake's Hush-Stalkers or Outdoor Connection's Brutes on my Brockman Model 70 set up with a Langlois Ching Sling. I'm wondering how strong these plastic swivels are? Any experiences and opinions would be helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
706 Posts
I've been using them on rifles with synthetic stocks for years, and like them very much!!!! They are quieter than metal swivels on synthetic stocks and super strong as well. I can't see one breaking unless someone was ****-bent on doing so. HD1

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I have a couple of Quake Claw straps. I really like them. The swivels are indeed made of plastic, with a metal screw. The manufacturer claims they are quieter, although I can't say what sound metal ones would make. They are plenty strong, no worries there.

·
Registered
316 Posts
The Brutes weigh 1/2oz each, while steel swivels weigh 3/8oz each. The plastic swivels still make some noise, especially against plastic stocks. When I use swivels I tie 550 cord around where the pin is to keep things quiet. FWIW....

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'd be interested to do a price comparison between the two swivels!!!! I'm sure cost of manufacture and profit margin have a lot to do with it too, just like the reason synthetic stocks cost something like $15 to make (Read on here I believe and heard it from guy in my local gun shop!) and we pay how much? I know there are stocks and there are stocks, and companies have a right to stay in business by making profits, but I'd feel kind of sick paying for a synthetic stock when I know how much they are being made for. Just well I don't see a need for a synthetic stock and love the look of timber!

Not sure if you guys have Mars Bars, but they are a chocolate covered caramel bar. Mars in Australia this year reduced the size of the product. The reason? They wanted to do the right thing by our waistlines by reducing the amount of calories and sugar we ate in each one. Yeah right! Why am I so cynical? The price stayed the same!!!! Glad to hear guys here are happy with their plastic swivels, but sometimes I wonder if it's not all advertising hype. In this case, there appears to be some happy owners of plastic swivels and that's great news. I'm happy with metal ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts