Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay im new here and need some help. i have a revolver bugging me i love the gun but its double action only and a pain to shoot. it works fine and test fine with dummy rounds but after the first shot it takes two fingers to cylce and sometimes the hammer wont come back but will cycle if you pull hard enough. is there any way to help this guns double action stiffness? by the way the gun is a omega hs-300 8-shot 22. thanks.:confused:

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Your revolver is in the category of "Saturday Night Special" and unfortunately not many folks know how to work on them. Parts are hard-to-impossible to find. They were built with the main goal of a cheap price, and today $50 is about as much as you'd expect to pay for one in good shape. My best suggestion would be to try a thorough cleaning of the guts with some Gunblaster-type spray cleaner and, if that doesn't help, either retire it or get used to the problem until something finally breaks and renders it unuseable.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts

Welcome to the forum, TLS !

Your handgun is basically unfixable, and most likely unsafe to continue firing.

The reason inexpensive guns are so cheap is that they are mostly/usually poorly-made of materials insufficient to last much longer than the point of purchase - soft/unhardened internal parts (and most times the cylinder & frame also), poorly-fitted, and containing parts fashioned from unsuitable material(s).

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Got pics?

I wouldn't give up on it without trying at least a few things first. # 1 a good visual/manual inspection for any cracks, bulges, obvious stuff etc. & if found then just dispose of it properly. A good cleaning/bronze brushing in case there is a lead buildup binding the works up. I'd hate to throw good money after bad, but maybe a smith would give it a quick once over, or a knowledgeable friend before pronouncing death. There just MIGHT be some life left in it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is the mainspring fully in battery ?
A previous owner might have taken it apart (aka "Bubba) and reinstalled it incorrectly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts