Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know about or have experience with a bullet casting machine made by a company called "POLYCLIPS" ???

It appears to be a semi-automatic machine... I would appreciate info or input about these things as I've met a guy offering one for sale semi-cheap.

Thanks -- CC

·
Registered
15 Posts
polyclips

I HAVE 2 OF THESE MACHINES. THEY ARE VERY WELL BUILT. THEY ARE REAL TOUCHY ON THEIR SETTINGS. MOLDS ARE MADE FOR THEM. NEW COST ON THESE IS ABOUT $1500.00. WITH ADAPTORS YOU CAN USE LYMAN MOLDS WITH THEM. IF

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, BD -- glad to hear from an experienced user on this tool...

Can you tell me how clean the sprue-plate cuts? From the literature I've read, the moulds open first, then the sprue is cut-off, and I'm wondering how 'clean' the cut-off is on the base of the bullets.

Any idea how the mould adaptors work? I doubt I would ever find additional moulds from Policlip as I understand the company is no longer in business.

When you say the adjustments are 'touchy' does that mean the temperature controls, or are you referring to the mechanical adjustments for pouring lead into the moulds ?

Thanks for adding info based upon actual experienced. I'm very tempted to grab this machine, but concerned about how well they actually work, etc. -CC

·
Registered
15 Posts
policlips

I TALKED TO POLICLIPS IN CANADA ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO. THE BULLETS THAT I CAST USING LYMAN MOLDS COME OUT VERY ACCURATE WITH GOOD FLAT BASES AND CLEAN CUTS. THEY ARE USUALLY WITHIN ABOUR .O2 GRAINS. THE MOLD ADAPTORS ARE TWO PLATES THAT THE MOLDS MOUNT ON LIKE THEY MOUNT ON THE MOLD HANDLES. I HAVE A LOT OF THE INSTRUCTION SHEETS THAT CAME WITH THE MACHINES AND THE ADAPTORS. I HAVE A COUPLE SETS OF MOLDS THAT I DON'T NEED AND I WOULD PROBABLY SELL THEM IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. THE POLICLIPS MACHINE IS MADE IN ITALY. THEY ARE (WERE?) SOLD BY THE COMPANY IN CANADA. I PAID $600 EACH FOR THE ONES I GOT AND I BELIEVE THAT WAS A GOOD PRICE. ANY PARTS THAT COULD GO OUT CAN BE PURCHASED FROM GRANGERS. I WOULD NOT TRADE MINE FOR ANYTHING.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts