Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the above URL from a sixgunner post discussing 20 ga. loads for grouse hunting.  I shoot a 20 ga. (Rem. pump, bored modified) using #7 1/2  shot for grouse.  Usually, I let the bird put some distance between us before pulling the trigger - otherwise, I too get a lot "less" edible bird.  Enter the polywad - supposedly, it will make a modified bore shoot like an improved cylinder.  Would this wad with #6 shot make for some good grouse loads?

·
Beartooth Regular
1,116 Posts
Alan,

I think that it would help your situation. I shot a couple of Spreaders last year during the weekly Skeet night. The fellow who loaded them said on the pattern board loads that normally shot a solid IP now went Skeet 2.
That doesn't sound like much but it sure wouldn't hurt any either. Or you could have your barrel opened up a bit, that way you're not ammo limited.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Or you could have your barrel opened up a bit, that way you're not ammo limited."

Bill - that would be the smart thing to do...problem is, I've never been accused of being smart  :biggrin:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Since you are discussing Polywad's Spred-Rs... Just thought I'll stop by and let you know about that Polywad has a newly redesigned web site. It is very user friendly and you can order your Polywad shotgun shells on-line... as well as browse and learn more about these shells.

In particular, see the <strong><a href="http://www.polywad-shotgun-shells.com/spred-r-shotshells-inserts/">Spred-R Shotgun Shells</a></strong> that you were discussing.

Thanks for your interest in Polywad

R. McEwen
webmaster for <a href="http://www.polywad-shotgun-shells.com/">Polywad Shotshells</a>

·
Banned
6 Posts
I'd like to say that I've loaded & used the Spread-R wads & that I've found them to work very well! Friends who've tried out my loads making use of these spreaders have all seen a positive result in short range hitting when shooting them.

I found that they gave best results for me when combined with very fast powders like Nitro 100 and the use of chilled soft shot.

Such a combo of components make for a very marked improvement for under 25 yd shooting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts