Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would be greatly appreciated by the Moderators if the membership would give some thought to the subject matter they would like to start a thread with and then search the board for a forum that best fits the topic.

This will save the Mod's from having to move square items to square holes and round items to round holes. It really isn't difficult - if pertaining to handguns, find the forums relating to handguns. Rifles to to the rifle forum or the levergun forums, reloading topics go to the reloading/reloading equipment forums, etc, etc.

Some folks merely dump the topics in General and wait for the Mod's to sort them out. Ain't the way it's done, Magee - a little self-help will indear you with us.

Thanks for your help.

kdub

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I have suggested this before but I will try again:

This is the description for the General Discussion Forum:

Anything And Everything pertaining to firearms, handloading, gear or outdoor related activities. New members come and let us get to know you, say "HI"

Maybe if this description was changed to reflect what the moderators want in the General forum it would help a little.

Also, there are many topics that overlap several sections.

If someone wants to discuss reloading for his singleshot or lever action it could be very applicable to the rifle forum or one of the more specialized rifle forums or to one of the reloading forums. In a few cases I think the moderators are a little too eager to try to find a better fit.

Please take my comments in the positive spirit they are given. I love this forum, have made a lot of good "internet" friends here and believe it is the best run bulletin board I have ever used but none of us are perfect.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Before posting, just please run down the forums board and try to acertain the "best fit" for the topic intended for discussion. With as many as we have, surely you'll find a place for it. If not, then the General Discussion is the only recourse.

No - contrary to what you think, Mod's aren't any more interested in moving threads than some members are. Human nature being what it is, we'd like to take the easiest way out of perusing the forums, also. We just like to keep the housekeeping tidy. If we don't, the first thing you know, all threads are in the GD and the others go begging.

If a topic overlaps a couple of forums, pick the one that most pertains to it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi, I'm new. Is this where I ask how to navigate this site? I am not computer savy so I need simple directions.
Regards,
DeadwoodPete

·
The Shadow (Super Mod)
7,155 Posts
Hi, I'm new. Is this where I ask how to navigate this site? I am not computer savy so I need simple directions.
Regards,
DeadwoodPete
No, this is a "sticky". Meaning it is a post with important info, or rules; it isn't meant to be replied to, or have random questions that are unrelated, asked.

When you first load www.shootersforum.com that is the main page. You scroll down the page to see the various sub forums.

So for you with a general question:
You are in the "General Discussion" Forum. But you need to click on the "New Thread" button on the left. Give your thread a title, such as "how do I"
Then ask your question.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts