Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
5,218 Posts
ID,
I think that would make great term project for your algebra class. I'm sure you could work in the use of some quadratic formulas to explain the results!!! :D

·
Banned
5,218 Posts
You could give Ruger, Brownchester, Remington, etal a call have them donate the firearms for the published findings, same with powder, primer, brass and bullet manufacturers. Shoot, you talk Dillon into donating a new free top o' line progressive press. Of course you call your test, xxxx steel corrosion/wear resistance when subjected to high velocity, intense heat environments and probably get some Democrat dollars. They would think you were testing bridge spans in the Mojave desert.... I would think the actions would have to be mapped and after every one hundred rounds or so, remapped to study the wear. This could be done with some type of CAD or GIS program. Of course you would need both raster and vector capabilities and I'm sure you could Autodesk and ESRI to donate the software for that. I don't think regular trig would handle it, may have to get into some integral calculus to figure the area or volume of wear induced (I doubt it would be geometric). But the CAD or GIS software would give the capability to push button calculate all that is needed. Easy, see...;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts