Shooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
655 Posts
Not that I'm an expert or anything, but it looks to me like that feller needs to do a little less walking and a LOT more shooting.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I do not think all the "cup and saucer" grips are helping a whole lot with the apparent lack of accuracy.....!!!! Secondly, what is the point of that exercise....other than maybe the challenge of it....!! For Defensive Hand Gun classes, we teach the student to stay facing the target and "step and step".....

·
Banned
3,929 Posts
This fella shooting needs to work on his sight aquistion a bunch! My wife could teach him a thing or two about hitting targets at 20 feet you betcha. This man evidently does not practice much at the range or those targets would be falling a lot more. I am not impressed one iota with his shooting.

·
Super Moderator
14,172 Posts
Gunsite has walking and shooting exercises in the 499 class (advanced pistol). You are harder to hit when moving, as most untrained goblins have no clue about leading. But it's a lot more entertaining when you are walking forward and the targets are alternating sides. That guy in the video isn't moving fast enough to need to lead him at pistol ranges, but I can still see the fun of making the shooting more difficult.

The cup and saucer hold is fine for a carefully aimed shot, but does nothing for your recoil recovery or the speed of the first shot.

·
Inactive
2,046 Posts
Next time I'm involved in a shoot-out at the assisted living facility this will come in handy. Seriously, if this were done quickly it might be useful but the reloads are so freaking slow and the guy seems "surprised" everytime he fires his last shot and realizes "I'm out of ammunition" - if nothing else I'd practice swaping out the magazines with a sense of urgency. I've got a lot to learn, but is it really that hard to walk laterally at a snail's pace and hit steel targets at 20 ft ?

·
Super Moderator
14,172 Posts
I'm not going to judge. I don't have his gun, and every once in awhile I've seen one that could use up a lot of that plate surface even off sandbags. Shot counting and loading drills are something Cooper had to present organized learning techniques for, so I expect most people who've not been to a combat shooting class of some kind may not be all that well clued into it. I watched a local IPSC match in Cincinnati one time, and the presentations and mag changes all looked like slow motion to me, even though there was a whole flock of regulars there. Just depends on the training.

·
Banned
674 Posts
I dun it, I do it, it ain't easy, especially whey you have a few years and a gimpy leg. I won't second guess this guy because I don't know his physical limitations or experience doing this exercise. For the rest of you, get out there, do it and make your own video. Show the rest of us how it's done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.