Shooters Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
If cost is an issue, you might check out the Weatherby Vanguard. I have each of the three you list except the Tikka. Good friend of mine has one in .270, though, and he's pleased with it. Matter of personal preference. Good luck on your choice.

Savage is a very accurate rifle also. The new Weatherby Vanguard S2 is as well very very accurate. But it's like you said it's about which one appeals to you in all area's, balance, how it shoulders, how it feels in your hands, etc. Of the 3 you listed I don't have or have ever had. The Savage and new Weatherby I do have and the Weathery isn't any more than the ones your talking about and it has sub-moa guaranteed accuracy.

Thanks for the clarification, Fred. I was talking about the Vanguard S2, though if you want to spend a bit more, getting the original Vanguard-Sub MOA with the nicer stock isn't a bad option, either.

Thanks for the clarification, Fred. I was talking about the Vanguard S2, though if you want to spend a bit more, getting the original Vanguard-Sub MOA with the nicer stock isn't a bad option, either.
I actually looked for one of those but couldn't find one. They are no longer on Weatherby's site either. I think the S2 has fully taken their spot.

The Vanguard S2 equivalent of the subMOA model is the "range certified." They include a target signed by ed weatherby. Here's the link to Weatherby site: Vanguard® Series 2 RC (Range Certified) | Weatherby.com. Discount Hunting Supplies & Shooting Supplies, Ammunition - Able Ammo has them in stock. Check it out. It's probably what I'll get when I get my .338 WM. Weatherby Range Bolt Action Rifle VMT243NR4O, 243 Winchester, 24 in, Green/Black Stock, Matte Black - Able Ammo. I actually like the green/black combo better on the stock than the old Vanguard SubMOA finish. Just personal preference.

The Vanguard S2 equivalent of the subMOA model is the "range certified." They include a target signed by ed weatherby. Here's the link to Weatherby site: Vanguard® Series 2 RC (Range Certified) | Weatherby.com. Discount Hunting Supplies & Shooting Supplies, Ammunition - Able Ammo has them in stock. Check it out. It's probably what I'll get when I get my .338 WM. Weatherby Range Bolt Action Rifle VMT243NR4O, 243 Winchester, 24 in, Green/Black Stock, Matte Black - Able Ammo. I actually like the green/black combo better on the stock than the old Vanguard SubMOA finish. Just personal preference.
Thank you sir, heck I didn't know that. I should have read more I guess because I've looked at it and why it was more, LOL:D

I use a Tikka T3 Hunter in .270 winchester it bucks the wind and with the 135 gr Matchkings can shoot incredible groups. also you can buy ammo any where and usually places always has it in stock..

8 shot group from 100yds

it will paste groups at 300 yds under 2"! im sure it would do better if I could!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.