Shooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks. I was hoping all of you fine people here would do me the greatest of favors by praying for my uncle and a neighbour. They were involved in a head on collision. The neighbour managed to get out with only a broken leg, and her two kids are fine. My uncle on the other hand, rolled his truck several times and is in the University of Alberta hospital with massive head injuries and a severely broken back.

Please pray for the quick and sure healing of these two awesome people, and peace for their families this holiday season. Also, as it seems my uncle does not have disability insurance, please pray for their financial well being during his time of recovery, as he is the breadwinner in the family.

Thanks, and a merry Christmas to all.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Wow - life can change in a flash- don't take it for granted. Prayers done, God Bless.

·
Banned
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. He's doing an awful lot better already than any of us could have hoped for. Within a few hours of his accident he was on several prayer chains, and this has no doubt been responsible for the miracle that is his life. He is currently listed as critical, but stable. They got several major holes in his face patched up last night, one into his skull through his temple, one wound that had pulled (from friction of the airbag, it seems) the skin away from his jaw. His back is broken in seven spots, though the doctors are not concerned about them. They said every break is in a non-critical area, and should pose no long-term problems. He will require major reconstructive surgery to the right side of his face, but I think we're all willing to deal with that if we get to keep him around for a while longer.

When the nurses brought him from surgery, we were waiting for him (about 12 family members), and sang the blessing song over him as they wheeled him down the hall. He was not able to open his eyes, and we didn't even think he was conscious until he lifted his hand slightly for my aunt to take, and wiggled his thumb to the tune of the last line of the song.

Thanks again for the prayers and keep up the good work...we can see it helping!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
marsms,
Prayers are forthcoming! Remind your uncle that God provides for all of His children. He uses His earthly angels as well as His Heavenly Angels. Be near your uncle and let him know that we are praying for his full recovery.
God bless,
Greg

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,227 Posts
I will be praying for your family. Glad to hear you uncle is doing better.

·
Banned
505 Posts
Sorry I'm late but praying just the same! I'll forward the request too!

·
Registered
596 Posts
I apologize for not being on the forum. May Jesus touch and heal your uncle and may he give you peace and comfort during this time trouble.

·
Banned
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Just wanted to give you guys an update on my uncle. He got out of the University of Alberta on the 12th, and much to our surprise, was not even asked to come to the Vegreville hospital...he came straight home!

Despite a few stitches over his right eye that are still in place after his last facial restructuring, he's looking great! And he says that, with the exception of his back, he feels great as well.

All of us here know that none of this would have been possible without God's gracious mercy, and without the kind support of everyone else.

We were also able to talk to our neighbour that was involved in the accident with my uncle. The only damage done to her was a broken femur, and she was released three days after the accident. Her kids were fine with the exception of slightly sore chests from the seatbelts.

As a wonderful addition to the already miraculous outcome is that these two have grown very close over the last week, my uncle said that he's feeling closer to God, and our neighbour's sister told us in church this past Sunday that she has never seen Bridget (the neighbour) more at peace in her life!

Thank you so much for the help guys!

·
Banned
425 Posts
Back and sending prayers your way! Thankyou Jesus!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts