Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, not sure where to post up so move this if it's not in an appropriate place.

Model 70 Standard Grade manufactured in 1945, 30-06 chambering. Shoots fine for hunting based on the few times I've taken it to the range, however the bore shows some pitting at the muzzle from corrosive primers I suspect. I'm sure there is pitting throughout the bore so just know I understand that.

Exterior is that of a working gun that was used a lot in its early years with a Leupold Mountaineer 4x scope.

Wondering where you guys think the price range would fall?

Thanks!

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,815 Posts
Check out the "Sticky" right above your post, titled "Gun Values".

·
Registered
7,774 Posts
Hey guys, not sure where to post up so move this if it's not in an appropriate place.

Model 70 Standard Grade manufactured in 1945, 30-06 chambering. Shoots fine for hunting based on the few times I've taken it to the range, however the bore shows some pitting at the muzzle from corrosive primers I suspect. I'm sure there is pitting throughout the bore so just know I understand that.

Exterior is that of a working gun that was used a lot in its early years with a Leupold Mountaineer 4x scope.

Wondering where you guys think the price range would fall?

Thanks!
Of course prices vary, and condition reigns with used firearms especially "collectibles". Your rifle will draw interest to someone wanting an older M70, just because, and also someone interested in hunting with an older collectible rifle they won't have to worry about too much. Excellent pre '64s in typical calibers run $1,000 to $1500 or so, roughly speaking. I recently bought a 1957 Featherweight in .308, with a period B+L scope scope in excellent+ condition for $900 which was a steal. I sold it easily without ever shooting it for $1200 to a good Buddy.

All that said, one in the condition you state, and a non featherweight, would be worth between $700 and $900 in my opinion. A good optic on top would enhance value a bit, but that would be a fair, non scoped price IMO.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the help on that. I've checked out the sticky honestly, and those are the same places I found on the internet. Most places want me to create an account and I'm not going to do that.

I was looking for a ballpark and I appreciate it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts