Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings:

I have a Pre 64 Winchester Model 94 in Win 32 Special. I was wondering if someone might provide a value on it. Prices seem all over the place on these guns so I'm not sure of a fair price for it. Note that it was reblued and stock was refinished by Remington gun works sometime in the mid-1990's. So I'm not even sure if it has any collector value still given that.

Here are the other specs on it: 20 Inch barrel, steel butt plate, serial number is 22534XX. Looking up the serial number gives it an approximate manufacture date of 1956-57. Condition is very nice to excellent with some slight pitting on left side of receiver. Wood is solid with some handling marks. Bore is good and it shoots straight. (I have used it for deer hunting about a dozen times.)

Thanks

Tim

·
Banned
421 Posts
The refinish absolutely removes any collector value, as you suspected. I would say given that fact and the general condition would put it's value around $250-$300 at best. IMO the 32 special is worth a premium, and a 30-30 in that condition would only be worth around $200.
Hope that helps!

·
Registered
13,290 Posts
Have you tried shooting any of the LeverEvolution rounds through it? My grandpa has an old 32 Special and I've been wondering how much it would improve performance.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The refinish absolutely removes any collector value, as you suspected. I would say given that fact and the general condition would put it's value around $250-$300 at best. IMO the 32 special is worth a premium, and a 30-30 in that condition would only be worth around $200.
Hope that helps!
That is ridiculous. Put that thing on Gunbroker auction and you'll probably "see" $600, refinished or not!

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,139 Posts
Toroflow - a gentle nudge.

We may disagree with a posting by others, but we always disagree in a respectful manner.

Please abide by the board rules. Thank you.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Have you tried shooting any of the LeverEvolution rounds through it? My grandpa has an old 32 Special and I've been wondering how much it would improve performance.

The leverevolution ammo kicks butt in that caliber.

I am getting 3/4" groups at 100 with it, they say it will make a 100 yard gun into a 200 yard gun.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I looked at a lot of these this winter and in the shops and online, I think it's true, 2-3 hundred is low, esp. if the receiver hasn't been tapped for a scope and the bore is good, as described.
Gun broker is a great reference.
That's great that your Deer hunting with it. Gotta love it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts