Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently been asked to start preaching in a Federal Detention Center. Would you all keep me in prayer, I haven't decided yet, and want to find out more details before commiting to it.

Thanks in advance,
Joel Babcock

·
Beartooth Regular
650 Posts
Joel B,

You have a wonderful opportunity to reach others for Christ!
You will make a big difference in their lives when they hear and understand the gospel message.

May God bless you, and keep you steady, steadfast and strong, winning souls for Jesus!

Yours in Christ,
John

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks John,
An odd thing happened today, I talked to the guy who asked me to preach at this Detention Center. He gave me the paper work to fill out. But I had filled out some other papers when I went to his church? So I asked him why I needed to fill out more papers? He told me the other guy wants me to preach in a different Detention Center, so I've got 2 different ministries to look at! And pray about. Please keep praying...

·
Banned
87 Posts
I'm new to this forum but not new to a jail ministry. I spent 25 years as a corrections officer for the county city jail and was active in the jail ministry for about half that time. It was one off the most rewarding times in my life. I have a christain brother serving time in Lompoc that I helped lead to the lord and baptized him in the county lock up. Yes he is serving time but he is also leading others to Christ. We keep in touch on a regular basis. Your on my prayer list , keep up the good work and remember these two things , Satan loves you to death but Jesus loves you to life and pray like your life deends on it because it does.
Love you brother
Bob:D

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks

I'm meeting with some of the folks involved this week and will continue to move forward. I believe the Lord is directing so we shall see. I'd sure like to do it. The ministry is called Prisoners For Christ Outreach Ministries.

Thanks,
Joel Babcock

1 - 8 of 8 Posts