Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Witch Beartooth bullet will normally give the best precision in a 6 ½” Taurus Bull?

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
In our experience, and based on the feedback from our customers, the .452"-340g LFNGC bullet is our most accurate bullet in the .45LC/.454 Casull bullet choices.  In the Raging Bull particularly, it has proven to be an excellent choice for accuracy when loaded with H110/W296 or V-N110 powders!

I received an email not long ago from a customer who was regularly shooting clay pigeons set out for targets at 200+ yards, and breaking them with monotonous regularity!

Although all of the other bullets from 285g and up shoot superbly, its just that the 340g LFNGC's have the gilt-edge over the rest.

Hope this helps!

God Bless,

Marshall

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
While I cannot comment about the accuracy potential of the Taurus, my FA .454 simply loves the 355 gr. LFNGC LBT bullet.  Sized to .452 and a max load of H110 is giving me 1691.3 fps and 2.5" five-shot groups at 150 yards, but don't get the idea that this is a long range load.  Sighted in at 100 yards, the bullet has dropped 11 inches by 150.  I do not know what the max load is in the Taurus, but this bullet shows excellent accuracy with every load from start to max so it might be worth looking into.  The 310 gr. bullet, same profile, also shot very accurately, but even though I was shooting the same charge of powder behind a lighter bullet, vels were slower and burned much dirtier.  I guess the FA just likes the heavier bullets, at least mine does.  Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts